X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just started playing this.

It's good.

Comment

Who's up for playing this? I need an excuse to get back to it. I have lots of unfinished business with bosses and whole segments of the game.

Comment

I play it (Wii U version) pretty regularly. Remains one of the best games ever made in my opinion. I still can't beat the lost chapter Angel Slayer but never tire of trying.

Comment

Earlier today I was actually thinking about starting up on this again. How is the WiiU version? I need to finish Transformers Devastation first though.

Comment

I wasn't paying attention and I got stuck in the very first graveyard section after the fat fella got kidnapped! D'oh!

Comment

Bought the 360 version a while back but never actually played it and ended up selling it on still in its plastic wrap.

Was bought the Wii U version (with Bayonetta 2) as an xmas gift so will try and get around to finally playing this.
              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-01-2016, 08:23.

Comment

'Bought'

I was one of the few who enjoyed the alternate sections in the original Bayonetta (After Burner/ Hang On homages) and felt that the sequel lacked a bit of the variety that they brought (not bought) to the table. In that respect TW101 was a more natural evolution of Bayonetta than its sequel which definitely offered a more streamlined and consistent approach.

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
                  'Bought'
                  Well done.

I was on my mobile phone and it clearly auto-corrected incorrectly.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    I wasn't paying attention and I got stuck in the very first graveyard section after the fat fella got kidnapped! D'oh!
                    Don't worry about scores or anything right now. Just get a feel for the buttons, stick to PKP, and make sure you take your time to explore for hidden collectables.

Once you've seen a cutscene once you can skip it the next time by holding Dodge and pressing Back.

I've only ever watched all the cutscenes once.

Comment

Although I will say that a good habit to get into early would be to hold the attack buttons down during a combo sequence. This will make integration of an intermediate technique later on come in much more consistently.

Don't tap the buttons in like it's Street Fighter. Actually try to be sluggish and lazy with them. A stream of bullets will emit after each attack as an indication that you're doing it correctly.

Learning like this should also stop you from needlessly mashing the buttons which is a delightful trap to fall into. Once PKP is down you can maybe try PPKP, and then PPPKKK. Don't get distracted with any other combo for now.

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
                        Earlier today I was actually thinking about starting up on this again. How is the WiiU version? I need to finish Transformers Devastation first though.
                        It's decent. However this is the one game where I'd go for screen tearing over v-sync 60/30. It's just much more responsive that way.

Comment

Cool. Digital triggers help me massively in games like this so i think I'll double-dip and pick up the WiiU version sometime soon.

Comment

Anyone going for the Switch version of this and the sequel?

Comment

I might get Bayonetta 1 when I get back home.

Ideally I'd like a new pair of joycon as well so that I don't ruin my original Neon pair.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                I might get Bayonetta 1 when I get back home.

Ideally I'd like a new pair of joycon as well so that I don't ruin my original Neon pair.
                                Hmmm. I recall being shot down when I suggested that joycons were less than optimal for bayonetta...

It's actually likely to stop me buying it. I could use my hori pad but then I may as well play the 360 version. Unless I can plug my hori pad into an undocked switch in table top mode?

Comment

Working...
                                X