X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
    But I want to play it!
    Obviously buy one for yourself first!

Do you want to play it, or do you want to really play it?

Comment

Was looking at this article to see if the Wii U port fared any better:

The new Wii U port takes on the Xbox 360 original - and the infamous PS3 conversion.

and it appears it does away with the 360s screen tearing and generally has a smoother framerate overall but still dips in similar points as the Xbox did with a lot of sites saying its the definitive way to experience the game plus having the second one there is handy too.

What are you lot talking about broken controllers for?

Comment

The WiiU version locks at 30fps whenever there is any action on the screen. Which is pretty much all of the time. I prefer the occasional screen tear on the 360 version. There's no v-sync so it feels slightly more responsive, too. Saying all this the PC version is now definitive, naturally.

If you're looking at really delving into the game you're not missing much by not playing the second game. Mashing through the levels with Umbran Climax is the true extent of the games depth. You're not even penalised for using items.

As for controllers don't worry, I'm being a diva because I don't want my neon pair being ravaged by excessive 360-spin inputs for things like the staff spin attack, the grounded 360 spin-kick, and the Grace & Glory Torture Attacks. I have a heavy-handed approach with jamming the most points out of these moves and there's no way the left joycon stick could survive that.
        Last edited by dataDave; 25-02-2018, 03:40.

Comment

The WiiU version maintains 60fps pretty much all the time. It's at least as good as 360 in that regard plus no screen tear. It's big issue though is that the qt event button prompts appear too late sometimes.

Comment

Get the 360 version, great version albeit some screentearing..... I preferred this version over the Wii U version as well.... playing it on PC nowadays though.

Comment

What’s wrong with the sequel Dave?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                They'll be fine as an input method, I just want to keep the irreplaceable Neon pair as minty as possible for when I eventually sell the console if/when they do a ver.2.
                You can just buy another set, they're not irreplaceable

How does this fare versus the WiiU version of Bayo 1?
                [MENTION=917]ItsThere[/MENTION], Dave is spot on regarding Bayo 2. It's a much easier, much shallower game, where you can easily spam through it. Your special moves stagger everything, including bosses. Total cakewalk versus the first game.

Bear in mind that I'm not a hardcore player AT ALL. I'm a Normal-mode single-runthrough ****muncher, and I noticed this. It's a real source of mystery to me why it got 10s everywhere. It's still a solid, fun game, but it's simply not nearly as challenging or entertaining as its predecessor.

Comment

I did totally think of Dave recently when I read a thread over on Era where swathes of users where stating how superior Bayonetta 2 is to the original

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    I did totally think of Dave recently when I read a thread over on Era where swathes of users where stating how superior Bayonetta 2 is to the original
                    They really don't have a clue, and neither does anyone who gave 2 a 10/10. It's pretty clear that none of them made that breakthrough with the first game as there is no breakthrough to Bayonetta 2. You build meter (which is inconsistent with its values) and then expend it with Umbran Climax to mash everything out of the way. The time quota for Pure Platinum is very strict and actually enforces this style of play. If you don't hit your "I WIN!" function then you don't get the medal. There's no use for the torture attacks anymore because the enemy weapons (which are only dropped after a torture attack) are all garbage and are a detriment to your score and damage output instead of the opposite.

You're continually punished for trying to play with any composure. Enemies combo break which is obscene, once you've exposed their signpost they should be yours for the taking - that's how these games work. Speaking of composure the parrying system is also pretty useless, and no longer gives any big advantage for last-ditch parries like in the first game (you'd get a counter headbutt and roughly a x1.5 Witch Time duration) now it's just the same old flat Witch Time that a regular dodge would net you, so why bother at all? Why put yourself at risk for no reward? Why use a slot on that item that costs 200k halos? WTF?

Best of all you can even spam lollipops (consumables) to make yourself invincible and refill your magic to ensure you've got Umbran Climax going indefinitely to ensure that Pure Platinum rank. Talk about a slap in the face... Do that on the first game and you're presented with a Stone award.

It could have been awesome, too. Umbran Climax could have been something you save in order to juggle bosses and mini-bosses with. It kind of creeps towards that but it doesn't really work, you just lock them in ground-stun instead (with dodgy animation to boot).

It's like they were drunk when they made the second game.

Comment

The step up to hard is a big one with this isn't it! Died plenty of times on normal and started the first chapter on hard.

Grace and Glory with a timer and a requirement to do 3 torture attacks is difficult, I seem to spend all my time dodging then lose concentration for a second and have no magic meter left.

Time to git gud.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                        The step up to hard is a big one with this isn't it! Died plenty of times on normal and started the first chapter on hard.

Grace and Glory with a timer and a requirement to do 3 torture attacks is difficult, I seem to spend all my time dodging then lose concentration for a second and have no magic meter left.

Time to git gud.
                        Turn the music off and repeat play The Vestibule (chapter 1) until you get 2x Pure Platinum. Learn to instinctively tap dodge when you hear the audio signposts from the enemies. It'll click by that point.

I always do this when I come back to the game after a long break. I'll be doing the same this evening.

Take your time with combo inputs and hold the buttons down so that you can slot dodges in between the attacks. You need to be doing PKP, PPKP, etc. without thinking about them. Your thought needs to be on dodging on reaction to the audio.

As for the 3x Torture Attack part you can long taunt (hold taunt) all day in order to build meter. A long taunt gets you four orbs. Just hold taunt down (LB) continually whilst dodging with right trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          Turn the music off and repeat play The Vestibule (chapter 1) until you get 2x Pure Platinum. Learn to instinctively tap dodge when you hear the audio signposts from the enemies. It'll click by that point.

I always do this when I come back to the game after a long break. I'll be doing the same this evening.

Take your time with combo inputs and hold the buttons down so that you can slot dodges in between the attacks. You need to be doing PKP, PPKP, etc. without thinking about them. Your thought needs to be on dodging on reaction to the audio.

As for the 3x Torture Attack part you can long taunt (hold taunt) all day in order to build meter. A long taunt gets you four orbs. Just hold taunt down (LB) continually whilst dodging with right trigger.
                          Cheers Dave, I didn't even know you could taunt so already this seems more manageable!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                            Cheers Dave, I didn't even know you could taunt so already this seems more manageable!
                            Taunting will also hold the combo timer in place, effectively pausing it from diminishing. You can use this to stretch your combo over waves of enemies (like during Chapter 1 whilst you wait for the flying heads to spawn).

Just take care because it will piss off enemies making them enraged. They're difficult to handle in this form as the audio signposts go out the window, they attack faster/harder, and they're also more difficult to stun/launch. The plus point is that you'll get twice as many points for beating on them in this form.
                            Last edited by dataDave; 02-03-2018, 16:31.

Comment

When I see Bayonetta, I always think of dataDave.

It's the leather.

Comment

Well it certainly can't be the hair.

Comment

Working...
                                X