Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who precede the word "unique" with "so" or "very" or "quite" etc when describing something, e.g. "I found a odd shaped rock on the beach - it was quite unique."

Something is either unique or it is not.

Comment

People who can't spell "definitely", and even go so far as to pronounce it def-in-ate-ly. That gets on my tits as well. What? You did say little things.

Comment

People who talk in doorways. If you want to talk, GTF out the way and do it, not block the doorway with your tittle tattle.

Comment

people who park in parent and child spaces who dont have kids that pisses me off.

Comment

Parent and Child spaces themselves annoy me (they promote the "parents are more important people" attitude in a society where everyone is supposed to be equal)

Comment

Holiday Mondays annoy me. It's a local one here, so there is no post, but most other nationally operated things are going on as normal.

Then when it comes to national holiday monday's we don't get them because we are in Scotland.

Everyone should get the same day or not at all. It's a pain in the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                Parent and Child spaces themselves annoy me (they promote the "parents are more important people" attitude in a society where everyone is supposed to be equal)
                parent and child spaces are very useful - they have bigger borders so you can get the baby seats in and out of the car.

Comment

- People who park in disabled spaces when they shouldn't.
                  - People listening to music really loud on headphones, or just straight out their phone.
                  - Poor use of grammar, especially not knowing the difference between their, there and they're.
                  - Scouse house.
                  - Calling Fernando Alonso 'Nando', or any other pet names for celebrities.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                    No they dont!! Try getting a kid out of a car with little space to park, especially a 3 door. They are bloody handy. I didnt mind them when i didnt have kids.

Comment

People who stand near queues without actually being in them.

People who think doorways to shops are places to stop and converse.

People who use Chinese/Japanese interchangeably. Go back to school, idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Widegoat View Post
                        People who precede the word "unique" with "so" or "very" or "quite" etc when describing something, e.g. "I found a odd shaped rock on the beach - it was quite unique."

Something is either unique or it is not.
                        Weird. This was going to be my one.

Comment

This thread is great, it's like Grumpy Old Men.

Hmmm... not much riles me, but this is a "list of little things that irk you" so...

Apostrophe abuse. The rules are pretty simple. Learn them once and you're sorted. (or should I say "your sorted").

People who say "to be pacific" instead of "specific". The Pacific is an ocean, you chump.

Middle lane morons. People who sit in the middle lane of the motorway not overtaking anybody. It's not a slow, medium and fast lane, there's two overtaking lanes. You know I'm right on this one!

Comment

I have to admit, well its clear to see im not great at using the apostrophe. Partly down to always doing 2 things while browsing and partly due to using a japanese keyboard. Laziness really.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Middle lane morons. People who sit in the middle lane of the motorway not overtaking anybody. It's not a slow, medium and fast lane, there's two overtaking lanes. You know I'm right on this one!
                              Man, what is with that? 5 lanes. Some chump doing 60mph in the middle one with nothing for miles on the inside 2. If it's for a fluffy feeling of safety, then lord knows what they do when the get off the motorway on to little country roads.

Comment

On the grammar thing, I think the thing that irks me most is not being able to be the grammar-police without seeming elitist, whereas I'd really just like to help. The only other forum I spend any time on is full of people who have no clue and it's terrifying at some points.

Comment

Working...
                                X