Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a ... giant enemy crab!?

Comment

May be worth checking your emails as it appears another batch of beta invites have gone out.

Still not got in myself but know someone who has.

Comment

Hey everyone, not speak to most of you in a while

Some new pictures released.

Elezen

Forester

Shader

Hyur

Midlander

Highlander

Lalafell

Plainsfolk

Dunefolk

Roegadyn

Seewolf

Lohengarde

Migo'te

Seekers of Sun

Keepers of the Moon

(Sorry about the huge images, there are more on http://www.eorzeapedia.com )

They are apparently different clans for each race. There is also a gameplay video that has been released.

EDIT: Couldn't get the video to work but here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-vjy...layer_embedded

Still not got in myself but know someone who has.
        Last edited by Moot; 31-03-2010, 16:33.

Comment

The video looks great, but are you sure WoW hasn't made you soft mate?

Comment

Like the graphics, but seems to be way to bland for a SE game, every ffxi low end gear doesn't look that drab.

Comment

What, no highlander women?

The video worked ok for me, here's an alternative link.

It's still looking far too much like FFXI for my liking. The graphics aren't great in the video but I'm hoping they are saving the really cool stuff for release time (or a later beta stage). But the whole styling makes me feel like I would be playing exactly the same game again. I'm also concerned the stories won't be up to much.

Hopefully something will come out of the beta to allay my concerns.

V

Comment

"The FINAL FANTASY XIV installer will be available for download on Tuesday, April 6th, 2010 at approximately 8:00am (GMT).

Further details regarding the starting date of the Alpha Test phase will be released shortly."

Comment

Originally posted by Moot View Post
                  "The FINAL FANTASY XIV installer will be available for download on Tuesday, April 6th, 2010 at approximately 8:00am (GMT).

Further details regarding the starting date of the Alpha Test phase will be released shortly."

Flukey git lol, you managed to get in the Alpha test then, I guess its going to have the usual NDA so you'll have to limit what you can reveal to us all.

Any idea how long the Alpha test will last?

Comment

Testers are not meant to tell anyone that they're even in but I don't think they're going check this website really. They haven't got a finishing date yet but the download is now available and is going to be playable from the 8th.

One thing that sucks is that it's only going to be able to play three days a week for 4 hours (7-10pm). People are still getting invited into so you all still have a chance.

I'll try and post some screenshots when it starts if you want me to.

Comment

It'd be great to see some of it but please take care - don't do anything that could jepoardize your involvement!

It'd be great to hear what you think about the gameplay and changes from FFXI (what they are, are there too many, not enough, do they work etc). If you can

V

Comment

I haven't used my FFXIII beta application code yet. Is there any point in trying to sign up for this now or am I too late?

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                          I haven't used my FFXIII beta application code yet. Is there any point in trying to sign up for this now or am I too late?
                          yeah get signed up, them codes are for ps3 beta not the PC alpha thats starting now.

Comment

Oh cool. When's the PS3 beta then?

Comment

I wouldn't mind playing the beta, I certainly can't afford to move over to retail though once it hits.

I've signed up through the website but haven't yet received a code.

Comment

Testers are not meant to tell anyone that they're even in but I don't think they're going check this website really. They haven't got a finishing date yet but the download is now available and is going to be playable from the 8th.

One thing that sucks is that it's only going to be able to play three days a week for 4 hours (7-10pm). People are still getting invited into so you all still have a chance.

Some screens would be good but maybe best to pm those who want to see them as you don't really want them going public with your character name on show.

Comment

Working...
                                X