No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...is wondering how many of the FFXI RarghLS crew will be playing FFXIV, and if this will be the start of another several thousand hours of mmo'ing /panic

Also liking the look of the Collectors Edition ^_^

Comment

I gave up on FFXI myself (moved and was away for 6 months and never got back to it.) However, I will definitely be playing this, although on the PS3. Slightly annoyed we have a 6 month late start. I would play on my laptop, but it's too awkward playing on here.

Comment

Originally posted by talizker View Post
        ...is wondering how many of the FFXI RarghLS crew will be playing FFXIV, and if this will be the start of another several thousand hours of mmo'ing /panic
        Am still not really feeling FFXIV... it's still far too similar to a game I already spent over 40 x 24hrs of my life playing. The graphics might be prettier but the fundamental story is exactly the same. I'd have to buy a PS3 (am still not sure about how I could ship the 50kg media centre out here even if I wanted to) and then to lose six months on the start of the game is really bad. How can they have been developing it for all this time and it still take so long to port to the PS3? That's absurd.

Not wishing to get all eco-warrior on y'all but there's a whole real world out here that needs saving, with concrete action required by everyone in the next 4.5 years By the time the servers on FFXIV are turned off the game might really be over, and there will be no raise.

Comment

Also liking the look of the Collectors Edition ^_^
          I'll be on it, i've enjoyed the Alpha so far but I do think i'll be abit more casual with it, the good thing is that the game is more accomodating to those with less time this time around.

Bit dissapointing they delayed the PS3 release, but its good to know when this will be kicking off, will be pre-ordering the limited edition for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
            the good thing is that the game is more accomodating to those with less time this time around.
            That goods to hear for sure. I'm hoping to get a Beta invite when that kicks off in a week or two.

Comment

Apparently the CE releases 6 days before the SE, so if you want to play day one with the PC you'll need the CE.

Shame the PS3 version isn't releasing at the same time. Hopefully the game will control OK with the mouse/keyboard, in which case I'll pick up the SE when it releases and transfer to the PS3 version when that comes out.

Comment

Just got an invite to the beta.

Client available from tomorrow at 09:00. Hopefully this will control better.

Comment

That goods to hear for sure. I'm hoping to get a Beta invite when that kicks off in a week or two.
                  You should do, from what i've read they will roll out the Beta to everyone who was on the Alpha and then send more invites on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                    Just got an invite to the beta.

Client available from tomorrow at 09:00. Hopefully this will control better.
                    Wired 360 pad works perfect if you have one.

Comment

'fraid not.

I did try to get the DS3/SIXAXIS working with the MotionInJoy driver, but had no luck.

Comment

This is available for preorder now from Gameplay and Game, put my order in already for the collectors edition.

Comment

Ordered!

Comment

I put a order in yesterday too for the CE from game, heres hopin for a day early delivery

Maybe we should make a post for whos getting etc, make sure we all end up on the same server and stuff at the start of play?

Infact ill msg a mod, might be a good idea to seperate the FF14 stuff from the 11 stuff from now on. Number45 is knocking about
                            Last edited by djtickle; 02-07-2010, 07:46.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                              Ordered!
                              Same

Comment

With the test entering beta now, have they increased the number of hours playtime we have available over the alpha?

Decided to cut back on FFXI for a while so hoping to put some proper hours into this.

Comment

Working...
                                X