Fantasy Life - Level 5 DS RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantasy Life - Level 5 DS RPG

Level 5 had a big event in Japan where they were supposed to show off a bunch of completely original games and only really showed off 1.

Brownie Brown co-developed RPG/Adventure game where you just go around making people happy. Apparently has Nobue Umetsu doing the music (21 tracks, one for each person's ending).

Japanese developer/publisher Level 5 have unveiled a brand new title today. Called Fantasy Life, it's a game for the DS that looks a little, well, familiar.

Apparently the second Inazuma Eleven game will come in two flavours a la Pokemon.

Comment

also looks like the ghibli game will be the first 4gb cart as they wanted a fully orchestrated sound track.

Comment

4Gb is 0.5GB, right? Does that mean it is more than twice the size of a UMD or does it mean it is less than a third? I always get confused with b and B.
        Can the DS actually output decent sound then if there is enough data? I purposely use simple headphones with mine as it sounds so bad with better ones.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
          also looks like the ghibli game will be the first 4gb cart as they wanted a fully orchestrated sound track.
          It's also for the large amounts of fmv the games meant to have too.

Comment

didnt A.S.H have a big cart as well? or maybe not that big. anyway i wish that game came out here. would have liked to have played it

Comment

Last time I saw ASH in Akihabara it was going for 780yen. I doubt this will ever be that cheap.

Comment

I started a topic debating its change in art styles.

Fantasy Life, the DS game:

Fantasy Life, reborn as a 3DS game:

Comment

And so this nears release, December 27th in dear Japan. TGS 2012 preview vid:

Comment

I think the change to 3D makes it look closer to that concept art pic in Sketcz's post. The 2D version looks good in a retro way, but the polygon one is better in my opinion, looks just more vivid and alive and with the added 3D it probably looks even better.

Game looks interesting, really digging the art style. Any idea if there's going to be a translation?

Comment

Pass. With the L5 stuff coming out these days, even with massive delays, I would imagine so.

It's trying to be Animal Crossing mixed with Rune Factory, I just wonder if it could ever be as good as the former.

Comment

Up for pre-order on PA now: http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-...j-70-57ub.html
                        Last edited by charlesr; 11-10-2012, 14:25.

Comment

Working...
                        X