Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
    Looks great but it needs to make sure it keeps its identity.

There are an awful lot of God of War and Devil May Cry clones around.
    That's what I'm hoping too, it needs to distinguish itself while keeping the best traditional Castlevania elements. This interview touches on some of these points.

It's good that CV4 is being used as an inspiration.

Comment

Having been out of the current gen for a long time, and only retro gaming, i didn't even know this was being made! Only had an actual current gen machine a couple of weeks. Saw the trailer on the PS3 network doofer today and my jaw hit the floor, i think it looks amazing! Having not played god of war etc i don't know the comparisons, but i definitely haven't wanted a game this much in a LONG time! Are there any release dates yet?

Comment

October 2010 I believe is the rumoured month. But basically Q4.

Comment

there i ve been looking at play.coms release date of 26.03.10 then being dismayed at finding out its due Q4

Comment

Just watched the video on xbox live and there's nothing about this that looks like a Castlevania game. It has all the hallmarks of a competant but characterless 3rd person brawler. I'd be very suprised if this ends up being a Castlevania game and not just god of war special edition with bats.

Comment

Does appear to be lacking in identifiable Castlevania elements. I need my big gothic castles and mythological enemies! Pics involving balance boards don't inspire confidence.

That aside, it looks very, very pretty. I'm hoping it doesn't end up a bland God of War rip off. Could be worse though, could be a cover shooter.

Comment

From the beginning it's never looked like a Castlevania game and I don't think anyone that's worked on a CV title before is involved in this. That doesn't mean it can't be a good game though. Proper CV comparisons aside I do like the look of what I've seen so far and the voice acting and music are sounding great.

Comment

Is there a new video on Live or is it the 2009 one?

I don't get how this doesn't look like Castlevania? In the 2009 E3 video there's giant wolves, huge troll/ogre thing, FRICKIN' HUGE golem creature, giant spider, werewolves and zombies(?) armed with scythes. There's also a gloomy gothic castle, a whip and a cross. The graphics and voice work seems top notch. Is it because it doesn't look particularly Japanese and/or anime?

This could very well be the best thing to happen to Castlevania in a while.
                  Last edited by Guts; 14-06-2010, 16:37.

Comment

I really hope this will be good. I've always felt that Castlevania in 3D would/should be a GoW, Devil May Cry style game or similar.

I think if anything its the games ive mentioned above that are like Castlevania, its just they beat Konami to 3D a long time ago.

Comment

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (which was pretty good 3D Castlevania) came out 2 years before God of War and the Nintendo 64 games (which weren't really good as I understand it) came out before Devil May Cry.

If anything GoW and DMC were inspired by Castlevania. Heck, Kratos even uses whip-like weapons.

Comment

The Nintendo 64 ones came out before Lament of Innocence. Lament had some amazing music.

I kind of liked the N64 ones, they are not as bad as some people made out.

Comment

Loved the ps2 games. Curse of Darkness's soundtrack is amazing. Quite looking forward to this, don't think we will get a Michiru Yamane soundtrack though.

Comment

Its supposed to reuse some of the music from Super Castlevania 4. So could be good.

Comment

Usual visual loveliness but it looks a bit dull.

Comment

Working...
                              X