Okaeri chibi robo JPN DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okaeri chibi robo JPN DS

Welcome home Chibi Robo, Happy, Rich, Big sweep.

The world needs more chibi robo & im glad that another was made, who would have thought that skip were working on another chibi robo game all this time & kept it secret hehe the sneaky buggers.

Anyway this time it has more in common with the gamecube original as the story sort of follows on from the first game. The Sandersons daughter Jenny is now all grown up in her own house & apparently lives with her son Keith (lol not her boyfriend like i originally thought) & they also have a pet dog called lucky. Obviously been a single parent family is pretty tough & the house they live in is both run down & to be honest a shockingly dirty hovel, but never fear as their house is soon to be graced with their very own chibi robo (lucky gits)

The aim of the game is like the first, make the family happy while running round like a bitch picking up all their crap they keep dropping everywhere, however this time round theres a new added twist not only are you the chief cleaner, you also have to help them fix up their home by getting money to help them buy items for the house, the first item they want is a tv (lol see they have great priority when they dont even have a cooker yet) there is a money box on the living room table where everyone chips in, hehe even the dog has cash the remaining total you have to find yourself.

To raise cash you have 2 methods, find it lying round the house or by vacuming up the dust you see around on the floors. You can process the bags contents through a sieve where if your lucky you will find gold & other precious stones that you can put in the machine in your little chibi house to turn into hard cash.

However theres another twist this time, as in the other games you were dependant on power & your battery could be charged up from any outlet in the house. This time round the house your living in dosen't have unlimited power, instead you have to generate power for the house battery by putting rubbish in the new kind of waste bins round the house that generate power when you put trash in them, you can also empty your full vac bag into a bin to give you loads of house power. It becomes a juggling act to decide weither to sacrifice replenshing the houses power or sifting the dust in the vac bag in hope of finding more money giving gems.

As you play & start cleaning up the house you will be able to purchase new items for the house via the tv home shopping channel, you have to watch the tv first & see what items they have on offer. Each item has a number & a price if you hold in the L button you get a memo pad where you can jot down the numbers & other info. Now once you have decided what you want you go over to the phone & call the station, this is where your note pad comes in handy as you have to punch in on the phone the item number of the things you want to order. As well as furniture you can also purchase upgrades for chibi & extra power sockets for the house as some outlets have no sockets yet just a couple of wires sticking out.

Chibi has several new items & abilities, one of the first ones is when you get the guru guru chip, it allows you to spin your plug like a lasso & throw your plug into out of reach sockets, with that you can then climb up using your cord, your cord length can be extended for more climbing & cleaning reach by using the machine in your house it costs money to buy extra inches of cable. Once you get Tonpi's chip you can use one of the orange pads dotted round the house to summon Tonpi who will carry your plug & you can control him & put him on a higher area then switch back to chibi who can them pull himself up with his cord, it's useful to get to many out of reach areas.

Theres a mix of old & new items to use, the toothbrush & pump make a return, i have also heard the spoon is back but havent found it yet, the main new item is the vacum when your plugged into the mains you can use your vac but only when plugged in, the costumes make a return too each one giving you a different ability. So far i have gotten a police costume which lets me scare the mice away from various areas, the diving costume so i can explore the waterfilled pipes in the sink, the wrestling costume lets me push over books to use as ramps & the tomato costume lets me play a guitar for some reason. So far i have seen the bike from park patrol make an appearance in the shop to buy.

Lots of hidden secrets & things to find & the new toy characters are just as weird & funny as the original game. It will take me ages to find all the stuff this game has to offer & i inend to find every last bit. Graphics look a bit ropey in screenshots but running on the actual ds they look great, rather pleased at how nice it turned out.

Well done SKIP, now get busy on a wii version of chibi robo.
    Last edited by importaku; 29-07-2009, 22:12.

Ah sweet. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to getting my hands on a copy!

Comment

this reminds me, are we ever going to get the new play control chibi robo? sadly it wouldnt surprise me if we didnt

Comment

After 30 hours im now finally at the end, my what a lovely game however the ending was incredibly sad

Theres still lots to do as theres a few toys i havent completed their side stories plus im now saving for the super vac that unlocked after i completed the game, it allows you to use the vac without having to plug yourself in however at 100,000 it's going to take quite a bit of treasure hunting to raise the cash.

Still have to get the room cleanliness rating to 100, got it in a few rooms but need to get the whole house to 100% to see what happens.

All in all i easily rank this next to the original chibi robo almost betters it in every way.

Comment

sounds cool - thanks for the in-depth description importaku! Loved the original GC game and am currently playing Park Patrol but due to my mediocre Japanese am missing out on the hilarious dialogue from the original :P

Comment

great first impressions - how's the language 'barrier' (for those of us that suffer from it)?

Comment

It's as much text as the original gamecube chibi robo, most of the talking is from Tonpy as he never bloody shuts up but i didn't get stuck that much, nowhere near as bad as i did in the original.

If your not used to the language barrier it might be a little too much but it is playable, hope this one gets an english release as its streets ahead of park patrol.

Comment

ta for info

Comment

Finally started playing this today (I blame MH3 which arrived in the same box).

Only done a little so far but enjoying it as usual. I was a big fan of Park Patrol when that came out so my hopes are high for this. It just fits the DS so well.

I think it might even keep me away from MHP2ndG over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X