No announcement yet.

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that made me lol (although I doubt it was an intentional joke) was Christopher Lee

(literally) getting his lines cut yet again

Comment

My wife went to see this and advised me not to. The fact that Depp

breakdances at the end

put me right off. It seems that Tim Burton is creatively bankrupt these days. It's a crying shame when you watch Beetlejuice or Edward Scissorhands and see what he's become since.

Comment

Yeah the Depp

Break dance

was a definite "what the hell were they thinking?" moment.

Comment

Yes, I hated the way that was set up so early on a drummed in all the way through. I think we were all supposed to think "Oooh, I can't wait to see what that looks like!". Cobblers.

Comment

Wow, you guys make it sound like the worse movie ever. Oh and what's wrong with Johnny Depp

breakdancing

?! Come on fellas, lighten up.

Comment

load of pap cant believe i wasted £11 quid going to see this....tim burton whats going on mate.

Comment

I don't know what the (little) hype is about, his last decent film was Batman Returns and that was about 5,000 million years ago.

Comment

I thought this was a throwaway film and wasn't worth the £7.60 price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    I don't know what the (little) hype is about, his last decent film was Batman Returns and that was about 5,000 million years ago.
                    But... Sleepy Hollow? Ed Wood?

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                      My wife went to see this and advised me not to. The fact that Depp

breakdances at the end

put me right off. It seems that Tim Burton is creatively bankrupt these days. It's a crying shame when you watch Beetlejuice or Edward Scissorhands and see what he's become since.
                      With each film he makes he becomes more of a parody of himself. It's even more tiresome that he casts his wife(?) and Johnny Depp in everything he makes nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                        But... Sleepy Hollow? Ed Wood?
                        I think I liked Sleepy Hollow, but can't remember much about it( I better rewatch it ) and I know that Ed Wood is brilliant. Ed Wood is by far my favourite Burton film, with Batman Returns second, and Beetle Juice third. Big Fish is also really good.

I like a lot of his films, but Planet of the Apes is crap and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory really pissed me off.

I will watch Alice in Wonderland at some point, but after seeing a few trailers, it looks too much like one of those old CGI mixed with real actors adventure games you got in the mid-90s. I'd probably be happier if it was more old-school - similar to The Company of Wolves in style. Real sets, with animatronics etc.. appeals to me. I just don't get excited about CGI fests.

Comment

Working...
                        X