50 Cent: Blood On The Sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
    Having said all that its still fun just becuase its so fast paced and crazy and actualy plays pretty damn well.... Though am I the only one that thinks its odd that you need to pay more cash in the game to unlock new swear words than you do to buy weapons?
    If I remember, it's just the first half a dozen or so weapons that costs less than the first swear pack. I think the most expensive swear pack is 50,000, where as the weapons go up to 125,000 (ish?). You get plenty of money as you progress (and it helps that you dont lose it when you die... hand if you respawn near loads of boxes... ahem) so it's not a problem later on. The cheek of it is though is that you don't get an achievement for unlocking all of the swearing (where you do for the weapons & take downs!)

Comment

Picked this up on the cheap, started it playing it today and I have to say it is quite good.

It is basically Gears of War Lite with a dash of The Club thrown in for good measure and the combination is good third person action/shooting game.

The controls work well, cover system is good and the gameplay is enjoyable. The visuals are also surprisingly decent, nothing outstandingly impressive but nothing disgustingly awful either.

The story (if you can call it that) is shockingly awful though but I get the feeling this is probably the best the developers could do when told "We need a story involving 50 Cent". I just watched the opening couple of cutscenes and just sort of switched off during the ones that followed.

All in all, it is very much a good game and I am enjoying playing through it at the moment. I get the feeling if it didn't have the 50 Cent in the title and was based around a more "original" concept more people might have been interested in this. As it is though, I would certainly recommend this if you can pick it up for a decent price or rent it out for a couple nights, good fun game.

Comment

Don't forget the swear button lol

Comment

Someone answer that god damn phone!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
            Someone answer that god damn phone!!!!!
            "Not until I get my motherfu**in skull!"

Comment

The combination of Fiddy's terrible voice and the repetition of that line makes the game comedy gold.

That and the last boss shouting "Sshheeeeeeeeeet!" all the time.

Comment

Been playing this in co-op this weekend.

I've really enjoyed it. It has utterly satsified my need for a relatively meaningless yet amusingly fun experience. It is a cut above stuff like Army of Two because the controls are very solid, the guns sound and feel right, the levels have a good pace, and clearing a room feels like a triumph on the player's part. In Army of Two I always felt as if I'd barely survived each section, only by a fluke, an unpleasant war of attrition which was totally unsatisfying. The challenge of getting top scores depends on finding posters and shooting targets, which once you've cleared an area provides a welcome and calming respite. Big scores also mean surviving/completing various scenarios within a set time, which means a certain amount of tactical urgency is required. Vehicle sections I found very bearable, especially the helicopter section. That chaingun just keeps on firing, no gun end overheating or any of that annoying toss! Loads of guns to buy, and boy, they feel different.

I can see me 1000 pointing this game. A very pleasant surprise. It does nothing special, but most things very competently.

Comment

i am close to the end of this and loved it so far. great, mindless shooting fun with a bit of an extra challenge in terms of timed tasks and combo kills. i think Gears of War 2 wasn't half as joyful as this one.

strong points:
                  + lots of frantic action and explosions
                  + easy and mostly working controls
                  + lots of weapons and use the of them is very satisfying
                  + some humour delivered through stereotypical lines of your sidekick

some issues:
                  - getting out of cover is a little clunky and slow
                  - visuals are a mixed bag
                  - not much variety in level design
                  - same boss fights against Heli gunships over and over again
                  - environmental destruction is very limited, e.g. some cars can't be blown up

in the end it's not as great as i hoped it was, taking into account that it's from the makers of the PS2's best FPS "Cold Winter". but it's fun and i am glad i picked it up. so let's go back to kill some more of these ****in bitches

Comment

How the hell do you invite a friend on PS3? The usual method of hitting triangle on their profile to have the ability to send an invite doesn't seem to be available here, and I can't find a way to do it ingame. Also, did anyone have problems with using a headset ? My friend and I can't seem to be able to communicate during co-op.

Comment

This is now going for peanuts, i picked it up on ebay for a tenner. Looking forward to "surprising bitches".

Comment

this game is a most likely candidate for "best game nobody has played" for me. just doing my 2nd playthrough on hard. i hope this gets me the cheats unlocked... have no idea how to do it elsewise!?

Comment

Working...
                        X