Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dingoo A320 review - Contains big pics (sorry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
    The screen blur makes me feel nauseous, shame really.

Oh, what is the d-pad like on this? Its ok for prolonged use? And how is the GBA emulation? Little bit norty that they've included that feature in heh.
    Why is GBA emulation any more naughty than other emulation?

Comment

Soundwave - any more news on this? Any more emulators been released?

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
        Soundwave - any more news on this? Any more emulators been released?
        To be honest I havent played about with it too much recently & what I have been playing has been pretty much what I posted about earlier in the thread.

However there have been a few Dedicated sites springing up with constant updates...

Apparantly though there have been a few developments for Emulators & it appears the following are now useable on the A320...

PC Engine
        Sega Master System
        Classic Gameboy
        Spectrum
        Amstrad

There is also an Overclock hack available to increase the clockspeed but I've heard it can make the system run warm & pottentially kill it.

I really need to start getting back into the scene...it appears much has happened since I got my one.

Neil

Comment

I've been reading that Megadrive emulation is pretty terrible, what's your take?

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
            I've been reading that Megadrive emulation is pretty terrible, what's your take?
            Pretty much along those lines as well to be honest.

Lots of tearing & graphic Glitches
            With Frameskip on hey run at a reasonable pace, Turn it off however & it's like the characters are walking through treacle, so slow it's almost unplayable.

The Overclock may help things here but even if it doesn I doubt anything will fix the graphic issues.
            I tried Eternal Champions & it was freaking awful the graphics were in pieces the main title logo was so broken up it was impossible to read.
            Hyperstone Heist was another that I tried & by the end of the first level I wanted to pull my eyes out.

There are the odd games where it seems to run them ok & not be effected too much by the graphic glitches, the Splatterhouse series for example seem to play pretty much fine even if you back off slightly on the Framsekip (Still needs to be turned on but you can limit the number of frames it skips slightly) Gynoug is another thats actually pretty much perfect & is the one game I'm overjoyed that it works propely

SNES Emu fares a little better in that it isnt really effected by the Graphic glitches.
            Speed issue is still present & you need to leave Frameskip on max for more or less everything but they work much better than Megadrive

GBA is as perfect as anything is going to get, everything I've tried has run exactly as I remember.

CPS2 & MVS I'm still limited on as I havent updated to the new conversion software but I will have another play about tonight as I'm dying to get Pro-Gear & Super Sidekicks going on it

Also will get the PC Engine Emu running hopefully & see how that fares.

Neil

Comment

It amazes me that MD emulation is worse than SNES emulation on this thing. The MD is a lot easier to emulate - look at the GP2X, that emulates it perfectly but still struggles to give full speed SNES emulation.

Comment

Yeah I'm a bit perpelexed with it as well.

Only thing I can think is that these emulators are the same ones that were used on the Gemei X760 so it could be they werent optimised for the A320 & hopefully as new Emulators get released the old ones will get a revamp & we'll see better MD Emulation in the future.

Neil

Comment

I have had my Dingoo for a while now and have been Modding on http://a320.freeforums.org/ the scene has started to pick up quite a bit and there has defo been progress on lots of emu's and homebrew.

I have been trawling the chinese Dingoo sites and have come across lots of new stuff, I even managed to find an FTP site which is unfortunately password protected for downloads but the folder contents looks like we will be seeing some cracking stuff when the devs officially release it.

I think I have used mine everyday since I got it, lots of shooters Dimahoo, and Progear and a few Mame roms like Black Tiger have seen a lot of playtime.

Comment

If they can get MD emulation working properly then I'm sold.

Comment

Im waiting for a handheld to handle emulators WITH A DECENT D-PAD!!!

Comment

Hey Neil, what are the default frame skips for the emus to get them running at full speed?
                        I don't like it when you have to up the frame skip too much to get games running properly.

Comment

I tend to leave it on Auto & it runs fine but the options are from 0-9 then Auto

Turn it to zero & pretty much everything is unplayable because it's so slow.

You could spend forever checking with every game though & some may be better than others at lower skip options.

Neil

Comment

I play with overclock 430 and frameskip 1 seems to to be the best for everything except GBA games which can look as if your are playing in fast forward with the overclock applied.

There where two new firmwares released today with pre-applied overclock. Not tried them myself as the overclock app works fine for me.

Comment

Does the overclock drain the battery?

Comment

It goes from 8 hours down to around 7 with overclock on.

Comment

Working...
                                X