No announcement yet.

GTA IV - The Lost and Damned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my bad, I'm a bit of a slowcoach and like to take my time, my 2.5h of playtime has me at only 11% completion, so looking like value for money for me.

Comment

Is there much of a story cross over to GTA4? Wondering if I should jump straight in or wait until I've finished the main game first.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
        i did the first couple of 'missions' and got the 1% achievement.

nobody does story like these guys, I immediately care about the biker gang and it sets up a great storyline with rivalries aplenty.

can't say I really notice the handling mechanics being altered much but was shocked to see I finsihed this way back in July and not played since then.

one of the reviews mentioned a filter that makes the graphics look grainy which can be turned off but again can't say I really noticed much.

can't say much other than looks like plenty more of the same, which is good in my books
        Spot on, the characters Rockstar have introduced us to in this DLC are fantastic. While Johnny doesn't have the "charm" of Niko, he certainly is one mean looking dude. Then you have the rest of "The Lost" gang, of which Billy is the star for me so far.....some superb dialogue.

Played for about an hour or so and have completed about 11% so far, it is more of the same GTA IV gaming goodness and you can't really go wrong with that. You can take back all your Saint's Row and Just Cause's (there still ok, don't kill me!), no-one really does it like Rockstar do with GTA. Top notch stuff.

Comment

Two hours so far and sitting at 61%. Probably be starting this tomorrow.

Live servers be damned... and lost.

Comment

What is the consensus on this? is it a buyer?

Comment

If you enjoyed GTA IV the answer is yes, if you didn't then this won't be your cup of tea.

Comment

I started downloading at about 7pm and I'm 47% done. I'm just going to write this off for tonight and start it downloading before I go to work in the morning

Comment

For those wanting to get the Get Good Wood achievement. Heres a good video to show you how to get it nice and easy.

Works brilliantly, just got the achievement using this myself.

Comment

mark me down as a fan of the noise filter on the graphics, I think the grimy dirty look really suits the biker thing

memory test time regarding one of the missions :-

you get the mission with undercover cops at the drug deal where Niko and the other chap, something X show up, did you get to play this first time round in the main game as it seems familiar but I'm not sure, if so was the biker character involved as well ?

also I'm not into biker culture but leading a ride out social activity for a game of air hockey with them all standing round swearing and shouting whilst we played seemed a bit odd, do biker gangs do this ?
                    Last edited by merf; 18-02-2009, 07:40.

Comment

Yes I think you do play the same mission with

Niko and Playboy X, Johhny is already waiting for you when you turn up. Can't remember what happens exactly but Johnny dissapears so it was just Niko and Playboy X left to finish the mission.

Comment

I love hearing Nikos storyline being announced on the Radio while you're doing a mission, it really puts you in the world even more knowing what exactly happened and fits you perfectly into the whole world narrative.

Nigh on perfect story telling I think.

edit: Check out the in-game Angels of Death website, bloody hilarious
                        Last edited by Dezm0nd; 18-02-2009, 09:20.

Comment

Played for about 4 hours now and completed 30% of the game, my earlier impressions still stand. This is quality, the benchmark for future DLC.

I played the mission where you hook up with
                          , it was kinda cool to see the whole thing from a different perspective like when

Elizabeta told Johnny if Niko brings the heat take care of him. She seemed so nice when you met her as Niko!

Oh and also did the mission where you meet Mr Stubbs and (unfortunately)

got to see his meat 'n two veg!

It was hilariously done,

they conceal his bottom half for the whole cutscene until last few seconds and then.....BAM.....you're flashed!

Comment

I've just completed

That ****s cursed

. Total playtime at the moment is about 8 hours. Completed the races, which are actually quite fun, and done a few gang wars. Excellent stuff and apparantly I'm not even half way through the campaign yet.

Comment

Reports are starting to come in from Europe claiming that the release of Grand Theft Auto IV's expansion pack, The Lost & Damned, has somehow censored previously uncensored versions of the game.

Can't say I'd noticed any reduction in the amount of blood, but I hadn't really been looking out for it.

Comment

I did notice the hooker thing - only one camera angle of the back bumper. Made me so angry that I just had to kill her and steal her moneh

Comment

Working...
                                X