Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batsugun...is it really that good??

Hey all,

On my travels around Ebay today I spied a couple of Jpn Saturn Batsuguns at just over ?50 BIN plus shipping & I'm currently uming & ahing about buying one but is it really that good???

Should I consider blowing my monthly gameing budget on it (?60 roughly)??

It's either that or I can stretch to Raiden 4 & Thunderforce 6 for October

Not sure what to decide on....is it really worth the money??

Thanks in advance

Neil

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
    On my travels around Ebay today I spied a couple of Jpn Saturn Batsuguns at just over £50 BIN plus shipping
    Hi mate,

It's a fine shooter, but imho £50 plus shipping is too much to pay for it.

Maybe I'm just not up on current Saturn game prices but I got my copy (mint with spine & reg card) a couple of years back for £40.00 including EMS shipping.

So I'd say it would be worth holding out for a better priced copy to appear before you do.

Comment

Some SS stuff seems to be getting more expensive again...I'm not really up to speed either but things like Hyper Duel seem to have gone up quite a bit.

Comment

When I have Batsugun I sell it for 30 pounds so wait if you want to save some cash. I normally have one for sale every other month.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
          Some SS stuff seems to be getting more expensive again...I'm not really up to speed either but things like Hyper Duel seem to have gone up quite a bit.
          Hyper Dual is crazy in price even here in Japan but just wait until you try to buy Blast Wind! It's the only Saturn shooter I don't have and the price is the reason why. You're talking 60 pounds upwards.

Yakumo

Comment

?30 is a much better price

I like Batsugun a lot, but it's defintely very 'old-school' as far as bullet-hell shmups go - in fact it was one of the first. See http://www.stickycarpet.com/dam/dambatsugun.htm

The Saturn version is very fine though, with Tate/modes and remixed soundtrack. Shame we didn't get any more of these 'Toaplan Legendary Series' releases.

Comment

I love Batsugun, it is a tremendous shooter. Wait on the price though

Comment

Thanks for all the input so far guys

Will deffinitley add it to my list of games to buy then but I shall wait a while

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                When I have Batsugun I sell it for 30 pounds so wait if you want to save some cash. I normally have one for sale every other month.

Yakumo
                Yakumo could you do me a favour & when you next have one let me know & I'll deffinitley take it off you

Thanks again for everything guys.

Looks like it will be Raiden & TF6 this coming month then

Neil

Comment

I'd like it as well Yakumo if you get one turn up, i did try and bid on one today which went for around £30 but i missed out.

Comment

ok guys, next time I get a few Batsugun I'll sell them here Soundwave gets first dibs with Vince on seconds though

Yakumo

Comment

I used to have all the Saturn shooters but I've seen sense and I've been selling most of them off over the years. Batsugun is definately a keeper though, easily in the top 5 on the system.

Comment

ok guys, next time I get a few Batsugun I'll sell them here Soundwave gets first dibs with Vince on seconds though

Yakumo
                        Thanky muchly Yakumo

Will look forward to finally getting a copy now

Neil

Comment

Batsugun is fine, especially the loop mode where destroyed enemies change into bullets. So more kills = bullet hell.

Good soundtrack, good gameplay. just a good shmup. Its a lot like Donpachi. Special mode is much better, hitboxes are actually fair.

Comment

Hyper Dual is crazy in price even here in Japan but just wait until you try to buy Blast Wind! It's the only Saturn shooter I don't have and the price is the reason why. You're talking 60 pounds upwards.

Yakumo
                            I bought and later sold Blast Wind for around ?30 about 6 years ago. A very average shooter IMO. I'm a bit baffled as why the price has gone up so much, but I guess it doesn't turn up very often.

Comment

Blast Wind normally turns up on Yahoo every few weeks however even an opened copy with no spine goes from about 40 pounds. Way too much IMO.

By the way, I may have a Batsugun on the way to me this weekend. Talk about a coincidence!

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                              X