Doraemon: Nobita no Shin Makai Daibouken DS [JPN]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doraemon: Nobita no Shin Makai Daibouken DS [JPN]

Been meaning to first play this gem of a game in aaages, just gotten round to it.

Based on the film that came out last year, the game sticks pretty close to the main story of the film. Basically one day Nobita is fed up of the mundane world he is in & has an idea to use Doraemon's "What if" telephone booth. He proceeds to alter reality & create a world where magic exists, in doing so he inadvertantly also discovers an evil bad guy called Daemon who is intent on destroying the seal on the moon. Without the moons power to neutralize demon magic, both worlds are thrown out of balance. Theres lots more to the story including some cool time travel twists but i wont go in any more incase anyone wants to see the film.
    (All parts on youtube btw eng fansubbed http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gA7RwmiwEas)

Anyway back to the game, the game is a card battling game & all credit to sega its a very good one (gasp a good sega game LOL)

The game takes place on a map, you start off at your house but eventually you travel across the magic planet where you will run into many of Daemon's henchmen. Your given a deck of cards to start with but as you play & win battles you will be rewarded with new cards to add to your deck, in addition to this on each area there is a card seller who will let you buy booster packs using the money you win from battles. You can also buy single cards & even evolved stronger forms if your lucky. The booster packs have 3 cards in them & they are random, if your lucky you will get a sparkling rare card.

When you go into a battle the game starts a roulette wheel this determines who goes first, if its blue it's your turn first. If its red the cpu goes first, also where the the wheel stops also decides what phase the moon is in.

The moon phase adds strategy to the game as during set phases of the moon certain cards will gain new abilities & when it hits full moon the game goes into "full moon chance mode" in this mode for exactly one round every character & monster card you have in your hand & on the table will get a +20 power bonus. When the round ends all cards will lose the bonus & revert back to their original values.

Onto the cards themselves

Character & monster cards will have these marks on them, each card costs a certain amount of points to put into play. Each round you are awarded card points, you have to use these wisely. The attribute only comes into play if you combine it with certain cards, with the right combination they unlock extra attack damage. The power stat is how much that card can attack with & the HP is how much damage it can take before it dies.

Now theres 4 types of cards

Character cards :- These are weak cards & have little attack power & usually have not much HP. However they serve a purpose, once in play you can team a monster to a character card & the POW & HP totals of the monster card combine together. Also depending on the character they have abilities all of their own. Depending on the card you can team as many as 3 monsters to it at once.

Monster cards:- These are the most powerful cards you have, depending on the strength they will cost various amounts to play. Some have very high POW but hardly any HP & some will be vice versa. It's important to balance your deck with a good mix of both types.

Magic cards:- These cant be played on their own they can only be played if theres a character in play with a free team slot. For example the one above when attached to a character card gives the card a +20 POW bonus. Theres lots of different kinds of magic card, some will counter attack, others give a massive HP bonus & much more.

Secret tool cards:- The final set of cards are doraemon's himitsu dogu cards, these inventions have many cool & interesting uses, for example the one above "Inai inai shower" heals all your cards that have taken damage, there are a lot of tool cards & some directly attack the player/monster others reduce the attack power of the cpu's cards to zero. Others force a card back into the draw pile. I could spend hours listing all the different abilities but err i can't be arsed

Right onto the battle screen (don't worry it's not as daunting as it looks)

I'll break it all down for you now, the cpu takes the top screen & you take the bottom. The game ends if you lose all your health points, your health points are separate to the cards points. If your card is attacked & it dosen't have enough HP to take the full damage whatever is left over you end up recieving (Eg, the cpu attacks with 60 your card only has 10HP left, the remaing 50 are carried across to you) when the cpu selects one of your cards to attack, if you don't want to let your card take the damage you can choose to take the full damage yourself, a useful strategy if you have enough health to spare.

When you put a monster or character card into play you can't use them until your next go, same goes for defending, if you use all your cards to attack & the cpu then fights you if you used the card to attack, it won't come back into play till it's your go again so if you used them all there will be no defence & you will have to take whatever damage the cpu dishes out on you.

The top total is your health points you start out with 200 (300 in boss battles) the total underneath is the card cost points you have to put cards into play. The moon to the right is what phase the moon is at. The bar is the special guage, as you get attacked & take damage this bar will slowly fill, once it's full you can select a magical attack. Nobita's special attack is to be able to go into his card pile & retrieve any card & put it instantly into play. Each character has a different special.

This bit is where all the stats are kept, the top left gives you the HP of the card your selecting, under it is the block stat & under that is the counter stat. Block absorbs some of the damage (Eg, my block stat is 30 if the cpu attacked with 60 POW only 30 of it would get through) Counter acts the same way, if my counter stat was 50 & i was attacked if i was still alive after the cpu had done it's damage my card would auto attack with 50 POW.

In the bottom left corner is a icon that only appears when your highligting a character card, it shows how many team slots it has.

The 2 brown boxes are the abilities of that card, when combined with certain monsters extra abilities can be used. They will be different dependin on which card you play.

The pink button has 2 functions, when you first start it's used for putting cards into play. When your attacked by the cpu it's used to attack.

The other pink button underneath has 2 functions as well. When you want to team a monster card with a character card (assuming you have free space on you char card) highlight the monster card & then press the button & then select the character card & it will team up. When been attacked the button changes & lets you take the damage instead of your card.

The top right button is your special, it will only be useable when your guage is full, the one below it is the menu button, the one below that is the turn end button to finish your go.

& thats pretty much it, outside of the main story mode theres a function to create decks & theres also an omake battle mode where you have set battles at varying difficultys for extra replay value, you can also play multiplayer either by local wifi or by the online mode. In the online mode you can either play using a friend code or play a random battle with a stranger.

Theres more secrets that unlock when you complete the game, extra things open up in the story mode & theres passwords you can enter in the menu to unlock rare cards & 4 extra secret battles.

All in all i love this game, must have sunk at least 40 hours into it alone.

These are the password you can enter to get rare cards

045 タウロスのいかり TR36SA45NG88
    047 ぶきみなウィッチ B23KMWC47H38
    049 われをわすれたシータ 449WARE7CTX5
    051 イーブルのさくりゃく SKL425RYS6F6
    053 メジューサののろい MEZCRSXA6M5Z
    055 デマオンのいかり 3255NGREMNZ9
    094 オシシかめん FNYKGEEHNEXT
    095 フレアドラゴン 4E5RFREG95AG
    100 ツノクジラ 3JWS2LCNQ4A8
    116 シャイニングドラゴン S4NG3EGRSA6P
    121 デュラハン E4S4L2KPQK4G
    137 フォレストドラゴン FERS4T5P7QKA
    142 ケルベロス T4W6S2ALJKG2
    158 トルネードドラゴン CR2ERGN478SP
    163 ドッペルゲンガー ELP3W6A3B8E4
    164 ライオンかめん FNYKWAAHNEXT
    179 スカルドラゴン SGKSKUL499EG
    184 ファントム PH54TMNBS8BT
    185 デマオンドラゴン 5E5R8G5E99MN
    246 満月牧師 P5R6F2M4ANGT
    250 ドラえもんとドラミ WF6CNNCT7GET
    251 7人の魔法使い HZSHYXKKSAS7

These are the 4 extra battles you can unlock on the story mode map, you need to have completed the game at least one before you can use these.

帰らずの原 4BATL2HYRY57
    魔獣の山 C4N2R2EPAEEJ
    溶岩の川 S7CFSTSACQRZ
    宇宙 EWN33YKNNMYK

Comment

it sounds great fun do you know if it is coming out in the UK as i don't understand Japanese, do you think it is easy to play is you don't understand Japanese

Comment

Doraemon games never seem to leave japan which means it's always going to be an import only title, i'd love to see it in english but it's not going to happen.

The rules are pretty easy to learn even in japanese.

Comment

Working...
        X