Lost Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Cities

Have searched for this game on the forums, and it seems it has been completely missed? Not one thread about it, so I shall kick one off considering it has provided some nice interim gaming between my GTA gaming...

I'm not going to write a review or anything, suffice to say it's a great and addictive game, despite the fact that it can get somewhat samey after a while... it's good fun to just play a few games here and there as you can easily pick it up and put it down again.

Although relatively simplistic, the level of strategy can be very high and reading the other player is quite key to getting a good score.

Online play is good too, and can have a fast flow if players allow - I haven't managed to try a 2 vs 2 game however, so if there are any people on here who have bought it and fancy a few rounds over the weekend - perhaps Sunday eve...

If anyone does, and can squeeze a game in around GTA (or for anyone who's bored sick of GTA... unlikely!!) then add me (Gamertag as name) to your list and we can try and get a few games played...

I've been playing this too and it's very addictive. Seems simplistic at first but the level of depth is huge.

Do you play the development card at the risk of not getting enough build cards? Do you gamble holding onto the build cards in the hope that more development cards will come? Do you hold off playing the big number cards on the possibility that some slightly lower numbers might appear before the stack runs dry and the round ends? Or do you keep a specific card in your deck because you think your opponent will want it?

I need to play some more online games too. Bring it!

Comment

I quite liked the look of this however I didn't have time to play the Tutorial so dived straight in. Suffice to say I didn't have the foggiest of what was going on. So I'd say the tutorial is definitely recommended unless you've played the board game!

Comment

Originally posted by Asholay View Post
        Have searched for this game on the forums, and it seems it has been completely missed?
        Well, most people have prejudices when you say it is based on board game. Nice to hear that you enjoy it. I don't have it for Xbox Live Arcade, but I'm big fan of the actual boardgame. And yes, game is very deep, and it was orignally designed by doctor Reiner Knizia, who is PhD in matchematics, and a quantitive analyst. Some hate his designs because they are little clinical, and player with better math head has fair advantage.

Comment

A solid fan-base then... lol

If it's any use to those thinking of playing, I tried a few 2-vs-2 online games at the weekend, and it was superb; very fast paced and highly strategic, as two players on one team use a single board to play on, but have separate hands, with double the cards in play. Collaboration is vital in order to get any chance of a few decent expeditions!!

I hope a few more people join in the fray as it's seriously a fun little game and would suggest it to anyone who like strategic titles such as Catan, or Carconasse

Comment

Working...
          X