HAZE (PSN Demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
    Their launch party is tonight. Bet that's going to be a bit of a sombre affair!
    Lol wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall at that. Bet there will be some serious sorrow drowning going on there.

Comment

got it played a few missions, its worth 6 or 7/10 graphics are average to say the best, but its fun to play, multiplayer is fun too,

the 3/ and 4/10 reviews are harsh
      Last edited by yesteryeargames; 22-05-2008, 14:35.

Comment

Had this on my download list for a while but never got around to installing it until this morning. Switched it off in disgust about 10 minutes later. Quite, quite awful.

Everything appeared so blurry and out of focus and the gunplay felt very flat. I don't know whether this was design, the aforementioned blurriness or my poor eyes but picking out targets was a nightmare. Having to jack up on Nectar just to see a basic enemy is piss poor design.

Demo deleted!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
          Their launch party is tonight. Bet that's going to be a bit of a sombre affair!
          Wonder if they will have korn along to sing always look on the bright side

*edit* damn someone got there before me

Comment

Korn is a bit of a mismatch considering the themes that Haze is trying to get across...

Comment

Originally posted by mr_woo View Post
              You obviously haven't had the pleasure of playing Hour Of Victory, Turning Point or Soldier Of Fortune:Payback yet then Whilst I haven't actually played Turok yet other than the demo (which I actually didn't mind, waiting for the game to become cheap) those games really are truly truly buggy, pieces of ****.
              My mind had mercy on me - and forgot about those titles.

I think a lot of people are being harsh towards HAZE. The visuals aren't bad - it moves o.k, I enjoyed the demo, to a degree.

I couldn't say if it's a good game. I've seen shots that suggest it has a lot of action.

For me, COD4 is the most solid, technically impressive fps title around. It's a completely different game to HAZE/HALO3, but the bar has been raised high, and I think a lot of fps titles will struggle to be as smooth/solid as COD4.

Comment

GameCentral on teletext gave it 3/10 today. They said the graphics were xbox 1-a-like, the AI retarded, the story awkwardly told, the weapon choice feeble and the Nectar thing a gimmick. It's a real shame because it did show a lot of promise, even Edge bigging it up as mature and well-designed in recent previews.

Comment

The last time I avoided a game in recent months or so based on negativity was Hour of victory and by all accounts i did the correct thing.

Part of me wants to still try this as it doesn't sound broken perhaps fundamentaly flawed...

Oh well..will wait for some more impressions from forumites.

Comment

I didn't think the demo was as bad as most people did but it wasn't exactly amazing.

It'll probably be down to £24:99 in the shops in about 3 weeks so I'm going to wait until then I think.

Comment

I didn't mind the demo either. I hope its more of expectations failing to deliver than a bad game.

Comment

Working...
                      X