No announcement yet.

HAZE (PSN Demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it looked like ****. Lair looks better than this...
    Turned it off and deleted it, was hoping it would play and look better than the awful Turok. It didn't. Shame really as its coming from the same guys as Timesplitters and i loved the last one.

Comment

So it is not worth a pre order then just wait and see first. I will try out the demo soon.

Comment

I quite like it, had a go last night and thought it looked quite impressive. Didnt fit with what people have been posting about it, perhaps its just that I havent really played many FPS games recently so dont have overly high expectations.

Comment

I think its cool, its not great but it is fun

Comment

Finally finished it downloading and thought it was ok.
            I do wonder what the point of the demo is though as I got the feeling that the full game will be very narrative driven, much like Second Sight was.

I believe it was so story driven to the point where I think the Necter 'mechanic', if you can call it that, is totally pointless outside of the actual premise of the plot. I didn't get the feeling that it was a particular aid to the gameplay.

I'll certainly be keeping this a bit closer on my radar, but I think it could well be just a renter, 1 7 hour playthrough then you've seen it all.

One thing did make me chuckle though

EXCLUSIVE TO THE PLAYSTATION 3 SYSTEM : 4 PLAYER CO-OPERATIVE PLAY

so not the whole game then it seems? Like we hadn't seen that coming

Comment

Well i'm not surprised one bit this has turned out to be average, personally i have played all of Free Radical's games and i thought they were all ****e. Timesplitters series always has been utter nonsense in my eyes, me and all my mates played the supposedly stellar MP and went back to Wolfenstein after about 20 minutes. Second sight had the **** kicked out of it by psi-ops. Try something different lads i don't think the shooting genre is for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Plisken View Post
                Well i'm not surprised one bit this has turned out to be average.
                It hasn't, it's just a demo. The final game could be average or great.

I'm amazed that developers release demos at all if they're obviouly going to put people off the finished product.

Cancelled my pre-order of Heavenly Sword based on the demo and I certainly wont be picking this up until I've heard some final opinions. Good for consumers of course, but I'm not sure that showing how undesirable a product might be is in the interests of the developers.

Comment

Well i'm not surprised one bit this has turned out to be average, personally i have played all of Free Radical's games and i thought they were all ****e. Timesplitters series always has been utter nonsense in my eyes, me and all my mates played the supposedly stellar MP and went back to Wolfenstein after about 20 minutes. Second sight had the **** kicked out of it by psi-ops. Try something different lads i don't think the shooting genre is for you.

\o/ I thought I was never going to find someone with the same opinion as me.

Comment

100% Agreed.

Comment

timesplitters is class, shame on u sir

haze seems decent so far from an unfinished demo, graphics only thing which could be a bit better, but single player and online should be allot of fun, cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                        timesplitters is class, shame on u sir
                        Definately!!

The first one is one of my most played first person shooters ever. It's a really solid and old fashioned gameplay experience and I really loved it.

They did seem to aim to make the follow ups more commercial though which took a lot of the fun away from the game for me.

The demo seemed OK to me. I'm not sure why they are still using the same demo as they were using in last year's shows though as surely if you're trying to market your game you'll use a more recent demo, particularly when people who have played the later versions have been far more impressed with it.

Comment

I couldn't agree more , The whole of Free Radial Desgin are living off the back of GoldenEye and haven't made a good game since . One of the most overrated corps ever , Why EDGE loves this poor Corp so much I do not know .

This is crap , much like the TimeSplinters series

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            I couldn't agree more , The whole of Free Radial Desgin are living off the back of GoldenEye and haven't made a good game since . One of the most overrated corps ever , Why EDGE loves this poor Corp so much I do not know .

Poor old free radical always take a bashing for some reason. As far as haze goes, there is nothing wrong with the demo, it looks, sounds and plays well. Very solid and im sure it will be a great game when its released.

The Timesplitters series is also great, 1 being my favorite and most played, 2 being my least favorite but still eating a good 50 hours of multiplayer. 3 was also a blast (although a little too much EA influence shone through for my liking). Second sight is always worth a mention also for being a great solid little title.

As far as mags like EDGE plugging Free Radical? well what would you like more, Free Radical with a promising game that more than likley will turn out well? or another generic pc developer with a tech demo that might, maybe, possibly turn into a game in the next 10 years? Ill stick with the proven developer thanks.

Rant over

Back to Haze, looking forward to it now
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 09-05-2008, 12:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post

A strong hatred of the TS series. I absolutely loved TS in 2001. Bought my PS2 - there weren't many games, went for TimeSplitters( Edge loved it ) .... and I really enjoyed it - as did my brother and friends.

What I liked about the original TS - was the speed of the game( 60fps and hectic) the funny atmosphere, strange character design, and lack of proper story and cut scenes, which gave it a pure blaster feel, which I loved.

It also has a level designer - which is easy to use, and whilst not brilliant, you can design some hilarious situations, and have multiplayer hilarity.

TimeSplitters1 is a classic in my book. Not flash, not hyped, not big, but oh so sweet. I would have thought you'd have appreciated its purity TA.

I have yet to download HAZE. ( my download failed half way ) ... I will play it soon.

Comment

Like most I thought the demo for this was completely underwhelming, the nectar gimmick did not add to the gameplay whatsoever and ultimately it felt more like Turok than anything else. Looks like this will be one more PS3 game to scrub off the to buy list.

Comment

Working...
                                X