No announcement yet.

HAZE (PSN Demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading mixed stuff myself on the net. Glad I'm calming down abit and not getting caught in 'hype' I will be the first to admit I have fell in to it many a time, leading to bitter disappoinment and sometimes blinded by mediocre games. thankfully I'm quite far away from that. I'll be trying the demo today or tomorrow and reading independent thoughts on release if the demo don't do it for me.

Comment

I'm very disappointed by this game, the aiming seems off somehow and character banter is so freaking generic! "stay frosty!" hows about stay away from my PS3.

The graphics are also damn poor.

Comment

Aye, it looks like a PS2 game for most of the time.

Comment

This doesn't sound promising at all...

Comment

I'm no great FPS player, found the demo poor looking and a bit boring, shame after so much hype/lead up to this game.

Comment

Best bit in the demo was when it hung at 74%, and its still there this morning. Awesome!

Comment

Lots of people seem to have been playing a different game to me. PS2 graphics? F*** off! It looks great and plays really smooth. Guns feel nice when you shoot them and the nectar effects are cool. Looks better than Halo 3. The level felt a bit on rails but other than that it's looking very good. Co-op worked well also.

Comment

I thought it was OK... not great, but not terrible either. The nectar mechanic worked quite well (I managed to overdose twice and shot the tube on my teammate's back a couple of times as well) but other than that it just felt a little too generic. I couldn't get into a co-op match but I imagine it's slightly more fun with friends.

I want this to succeed - partly because I love the developers - but I can't see it being anything more than average at the moment. If the reviews all rave about it I might buy it but otherwise I think I'll give it a miss. By no means as horrendous as I feared it might be but nor was it quite the dealbreaker that some sections of the media have made it out to be (GamerTV - I'm looking at you!)

Comment

I thought as a basic kind of level it was quite decent. I'm still looking forward to this and the demo has not deterred that at all.

As for looking like a PS2 game..no way...I've played plenty of Ps2 games that looked poor back then..I can only dread to think how they would hold up now. (not all ps2 games and that isn't a slight..just the way i see it)

My only problem was the controller as I'm pretty sure the last time I held one was either Okami or God of War 2. It takes getting used to as its inferior to the 360 controller by a long shot.

So..yes..all in all, i'm still looking forward to this.

Comment

Opinions on this game seem to be very mixed everywhere, to me this game rocks. The gameplay some say doesn't feel right.. I think Halo's gameplay doesn't feel right. I don't like the aim and slow paced movement in that game. I prefer this, its fast and I can easily target my enemies.

As for the graphics, yes they are disappointing considering this game went exclusive and was delayed. But the framerate is pretty high and constant. The overall experience just feels good imo.

The hate maybe comes from the massive delays this game got, or people expected something like Goldeneye and TS2.. I don't know. Anyway, I'll get it on release.

Comment

Seems fairly decent to me. Not sure who it was that said it earlier in the thread but I agree that the enemies can be a little to hard to see when not using nectar. Seems maybe a tad forced to me but can hardly make a proper judgement from the demo.
                        My main gripe is with the ps3 controller, just doesnt lend itself well to FPS games. The sticks are just too loose and high. Still tempted to buy this though as there isn't much else on that i want on ps3 comin soon except mgs4.

Comment

i am looking forward to playing this tonight , i have only just started to download to download last night but i end up turning off my ps3 before i fell asleep

Comment

I heard someone say the frame rate wasnt even a solid 30fps, anyone know what its suppose to clock in at?

Comment

Game looks nice enough , buts it just so adverage and boring , from one of the most overrated developers there is

Comment

More generic & boring than Timeshift with COD2 style graphics = no buy for me

Comment

Working...
                                X