[Demo| PS3] BattleFantasia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Demo| PS3] BattleFantasia

Had a go on this last night (PS3, Japanese Store) and it's pretty sweet!
    It's a 2d-plane fighter but the characters are polygonal. Plays a lot like Street Fighter and in fact the only character you can play as in the demo is able to launch fireballs and perform dragon punch like moves using standard Ryu/Ken controls. Anyway, I'm not the biggest 2d fighter fan in the world but I recommend that those of you who are take a look at this game.

just googled some pics,it looks nice!
    Is it a PSN game or a disc release?

Comment

Disc. It's not a new game either. It was the first Taito Type X2 release in April 2007. It runs at 720p.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Not sure mate. I recall it said it was coming out on 28th May I think!

I just spotted it last night while looking for Siren (which is f'ing scary!). It thought it was gonna be an RPG cos there was 5 minutes of Japanese dialog to sit through but I was pleasantly surprised to find a modern (looking) 2dish fighter in there. The characters are totally stereotypical Japanese but it feels really good to play.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          Disc. It's not a new game either. It was the first Taito Type X2 release in April 2007. It runs at 720p.
          Yes, there were 2 oddly titled choices for the video, one was called original I think and the other consumer

Consumer filled the screen, original gave borders.

There are 2 difficulty settings. Very Easy or Very Hard! nothing in between (presumably a demo limitation).

Comment

For a fighter by Arc System, I was wondering what the fighting mechanics would be like. Any different from the GG series' roman cancels/false roman cancels?

Comment

do you know if this is going to be on the uk PSN for a demo?

Comment

Originally posted by hush View Post
                do you know if this is going to be on the uk PSN for a demo?
                Probably not. As there have been no plans for a western release as far as im aware. Loved the demo, will definetly import this. As there really isn't enough fighters for the ps3.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormtec View Post
                  For a fighter by Arc System, I was wondering what the fighting mechanics would be like. Any different from the GG series' roman cancels/false roman cancels?
                  From the amount ive played of it, there doesn't seem to be roman cancels or flauntless defence in this. Im sure theres something there to make it deeper, but i haven't come across anything yet. Hopefully there will be an english faq about when the full retail hits.

It does play alot like guilty gear though in the way it plays. You can even rebound enemies against the wall like GG.

Comment

I thought this was PowerStone the first time I played it!

Comment

I liked the art style in the cut scenes. The game seemed ok, I couldn't or haven't made my mind up if I like the in-game graphics. They're certainly pretty but they didn't quite get me. I think I will still buy this though, looks like it could be fun.

Comment

i'm definitely getting this too.

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                        Im sure theres something there to make it deeper, but i haven't come across anything yet.
                        seems to me its all about the parry system. or gachi, as they call it. by default its R1. you can press it normally (multiple times if necessary) to simply parry other moves. or towards/down towards to parry and retaliate automatically, setting up possibilities for new combos.

i was never good at parries in street fighter 3, so i dont think i'll be that good at this game either, but its a lot of fun. hopefully there will be a fair amount of people online as well.

edit: and the heat up mode too, forgot about that. its pretty cool as well.

Comment

If the parry system is just one button. It should be a hell of alot easier to use than the SFIII one.

Comment

I thought it was pretty meh, nice looking but severely lacking, so much unreadable text too. I won't be getting this, think it lasted on my hard drive for about 15 minutes.

Comment

I'm interested, if only cause' there's **** all else on the PS3 at the mo

Comment

Working...
                              X