Euro 2008 [Xbox 360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro 2008 [Xbox 360]

Well, first off, it's slightly slower than the playable demo thats currently doing the rounds on XBL marketplace.
    Though, it could be possibly the same speed as FIFA 08, but the players have lost that heavy inertia feel, and have become a lot more controllable.
    The Netherlands are not licensed (booooo) so name-a-likes are in place.

In general, it plays a lot more flowing football with better 'pass on the move' animations that there were in 08.

I seriously cannot get enough of the goal celebrations!

Originally posted by jimtendo View Post
    Well, first off, it's slightly slower than the playable demo thats currently doing the rounds on XBL marketplace.
    The reviews on IGN seem to think it's faster. In fact it says on the back of the box it has faster gameplay.

Going to try mine in a bit...

Comment

Is this out?

Comment

It is if you shopped with Gameplay

Comment

T'is good, plays a better game and more fluid game of football than FIFA 08 (more PES-like if you will). I have just been playing a few normal games since I got it this morning and have really enjoyed every match so far. The captain your country mode is the meat of the game and I haven't really got stuck into that yet but will be doing so tonight. Also not tried any online games yet but once again it looks like EA have done brilliantly with that side of things. The "introduction" to game explains the beat the nation thing they have going on with the game, which is expertly told you by Mr Tylsdey and Mr Townsed (the commentators). I couldn't even begin to explain it, so you will just have to watch it for yourselves. The only obvious downside so far is that there are only international teams but hey the game is called Euro 2008 for a reason Oh and the do your own celebration thing is class, love doing the front roll one In closing, if this is an indication as to what FIFA 09 might be like then PES 2009 better be good otherwise it will be left eating EA dust.
          Last edited by ezee ryder; 16-04-2008, 19:48.

Comment

Worth £40 though?

Comment

I would say yes. There are enough single modes to keep you going for a while and the online stuff is really good too. It just depends on if you have an issue with just playing as international teams, if so stick it out and wait for FIFA 09 (or PES 2009).

Comment

Managed to get this last night and have a good tinkle with it.

My main staple is the online, so quite disheartening to find it to be laggy ****; much worse than 08 for me, but hopefully that'll sort itself by Friday, so I'm not overly concerned at the moment. However, it is frustrating to find that in crowded areas of the pitch, it can slow down online.

Sadly, no 5v5 in this either, which I'm disappointed about, but the Euro Knockout Online Tournament is a welcome addition, basically, from what I can gather it's a revolving tournament in that you play a game and go through the hierachy until you win it or get knocked out, then you can keep playing through it since the game matches you up against similarly skilled players.

Picked Bulgaria for the tournament, (EA offer points incentives for picking minnow teams) and ended up playing some player who picked France, it finished 4-3 in his favour after I completely blew a 3-1 lead. Twat. Player fatigue had kicked in by the equaliser, complete with heavy rain and a heavy pitch, so Malouda was able to glide past my tired Bulgarian defence and cross the ball for an easy Henry header.

I'm liking it, not as much as 08 at this point, but I'm sure that will change - I hope.
                Last edited by Bleeders; 17-04-2008, 05:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                  ... and ended up playing some player who picked France... so Malouda was able to glide past my tired Bulgarian defence for an easy TT header.
                  It seems to be symptomatic of the online portion of the game from what i'm hearing. Pretty much like how Manchester United and Barcelona are always picked for FIFA 08
                  Even France's second string attack (in terms of pace) is pretty stacked too, with the likes of Trezeguet (just a monster in the air) Benzema/ Cisse/ Govou/ Ben Arfa. You could add Evra into the mix as well, who was possibly the most broken LB/ LWB in FIFA 08.

I'll stick with the Czech Rep. thankyouverymuch.

Comment

I thought as much, tbh. I quite like the Bulgarians, although take Berbatov and Petrov out of the mix and they're ****e.

But as you say Jim, France look to be the Barca for this one. Good thing with that Tournament option is that you can cancel at the team select and keep choosing until you find someone who is keeping with the "minnow" spirit.

Comment

It's not bad. Will be a good achievement boost for me if anything. Hey Mclaren is on the sideline!

I was playing as N.Ireland against Spain (one of the achievements) when Tyldsley and Townsend started having a conversation on how good Wright-Philips is.

Comment

The mental stature of your players can become such a pivotal moment in this should you go a goal down or concede an equaliser.

Obviously, if you score first, your team is on a high of sorts, so your overall play is that much quicker and more decisive, however, should you lose a goal, those legs start to feel heavy, your team shape completely evaporates, the players head drop and your liable to conceeding again if your not careful.

Comment

I'd forgotten all about this, but my copy from Shop To has just arrived which is a nice surprise.

Comment

Is it me or has the proffesional difficulty been turned up another notch as the cpu seem to just keep the ball forever and make plenty of chances where as you realy need to make the most of having the ball cos once you loose it its realy hard to get back but playing on semi-pro seems to be way to easy..still a very good football game indeed..

Comment

Loving it but where's online 5v5?

Comment

Working...
                              X