No announcement yet.

Euro 2008 [Xbox 360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the player responsiveness been improved?

One thing I hated about 08 was when you're playing multiplayer and the ball is bouncing in your penalty area, your mate will press shoot and it'll wait for the ball to drop from the sky, bounce a couple of times before he smashes it in.

During this time you seen to have no control over your defender and can do absolutely nothing to prevent the goal you know is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
      Loving it but where's online 5v5?
      It's not in there, neither is 2v2.

Comment

What's with the England team in captain your country.

Foster, Walcott and Dawson all starting...

Very odd, unless I missed something.

Comment

I've had more of a play with this and I'm quite tempted to take it back, tbh. It's not because it's bad, because it really isn't and what it does, it does it well. But I'm guessing FIFA 09 will be more akin to FIFA 08 and most of my playing is done with the 2v2/3v3 on that and the fact that UEFA is missing this is quite disappointing for me.

Grand Theft is due to arrive soon and then all bets are off when that happens.

Comment

This is my first FIFA game I have bought since World Cup 1998 on the PSone, which equals to a decade since I enjoyed the demo and have gone off PES since the fifth outing.

I do like it but am a bit miffed that you cannot fully change the control set-up (unless I?m missing something obvious). I do NOT like the unnecessary ?cut-scenes? as they interrupt the game for me and the replays aren?t as smooth as the actual game for odd reasons but other than that, it is rather good.

Is there also anyway to turn the HUD completely off as I?m so used to having a clutter free screen after playing PES for years?

Does anybody else own the PlayStation 3 version as it would be nice to have an online match with some of you folks.

Comment

Is there an chance of 5v5 being added like with FIFA 08? As much as I love it, it plays the best game of football in years, I cant really see me keeping this if not, it's all I play online on FIFA. I've had FIFA since November and play it practically every single night yet i've literally done 4 offline matches and 1 online 1v1 match, I just can't go back having tasted the greatness of 5v5

Comment

I've not heard owt and EA haven't announced anything to my knowledge either.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post

Is there also anyway to turn the HUD completely off as I’m so used to having a clutter free screen after playing PES for years?

Well you can take boith the score and the player names off from the bottom of the screen, you'll figure out how it you just fiddle with the options a bit im sure, and I havent tried it becuase I use it but I presume you can remove the radar too.

Comment

Quite enjoying this, thought Fifa 08 was excellent, this refines the gameplay a little, seems a bit easier to get past defenders with the better/more skillfull players.

Only thing the devs got wrong is that England are quite good in this! *ducks*

Comment

Really enjoying the captain your country mode, and its strangley enjoyable suffering all the perils of being a younger international footballer, such as your manger not playing you in the position you want to be played and doing well in B team matches but then finding out you are completely useless in first team friendlies and being told you arent good enough for competative games... its a fantastic mode that adds to the already brilliant be a pro mode from fifa 08, I'm actualy enjoying it alot more than the main European championship mode.

Comment

Is anyone else having problems with this stoping and saying it cant read the disk ocasionaly?, It also seems to be full of graphical glitches.... is it the game or is it my Xbox thats dying?

Comment

Is the commentary still really buggy/****ty in the full version of the game?

During the demo, if you had a shot but it deflected off for a corner (not saved by the keeper) then they'd go on about how "awful that shot was" and he "really should be hitting the target at this level". Wtf?

When I scored the first goal in a game (to go 1-0 up) they started yelling about how this is a fantastic game and the goals are just flying in. Err?

And later on in the same game when it hit the 80 minute mark, despite still being 1-0 up they started talking about how there was nothing seperating these two teams and it was too close to call who would win. Well, the fact that I'm 1-0 up and they haven't had a single shot on goal suggests that one side is more likely to win, no?

Is that all still present in the full version?

Comment

As I said in an earlier post, I have had the commentators ramble on about Shaun Wright-Phillips when I was N.Ireland against Spain

Comment

Maybe Ian Wright found out something and told the commentators viva espana Ive just caved in and ordered it after playing the demo again. I need a proper footy game to go with the great Wii PES and PES on next gen hasnt cut it for me for last 2versions (and you cant get a bigger W11 fan on PS2/cube).

Comment

This game is terrible, too many times I've came up against a massivley overpowered french team and dominated, only to have terry henry get the ball run up the wing cut inside run at keeper pass to anyone and they slot it home. The game is broken online, every goal I concede is becasue of this and usually against the french team. The Single player and playing against mates is fun enough as they dont tend to use the uber cheap cut back.

Fifa 08 isnt as frantic but I have a chance to win online as the cut back isnt so devastating Tbh the whole Fifa franchise is complete pish I've had enough of it now.

Im not playing this or any other Fifa game ever again.
                                Last edited by Gerry Helmet; 20-04-2008, 21:49.

Comment

Working...
                                X