Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tottado! Yowiko no Mujintou Seikatsu (JPN DS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tottado! Yowiko no Mujintou Seikatsu (JPN DS)

バンダイナムコエンターテインメントの公式サイトです。スマートフォン向けゲームアプリや家庭用ゲーム、ライブ、イベントなど、多彩なエンターテインメントをお届けしています。

Yes it's time for one of those threads that nobody will read & i'll be the only person enjoying it feel free to pull up a chair.

Well todays enjoyment dropped onto my doormat, theres 3 catagorys of japanese games. Regular, amusingly quirky, totally bonkers in every way. This game goes under the last catagory.

The game takes place on an island, where two comedians Arino & Hamaguchi both decide to goto an island & try to survive with nothing but a stack of ingredient & cooking utensils. If anyones played games centre cx you might recognise the guy on the left as he is the same guy behind that show.

To survive their day is based round minigames & each day you select jobs for the characters to do. LOL had to start the day with a motivational scream of muscle muscle into the mic to get them going, hehe madness meter rising.

On my first day sent Hamaguchi off to do a spot of spear fishing so they could have breakfast, its a simple minigame where you scroll into the screen & as you see a fish you tap on it, your then taken to a battle screen where you have a few seconds to target & get that fish.

Yes the graphics have a unique disturbing look sort of realistic but not quite, when you catch a fish he holds it up like in zelda while screaming at the top of his voice at this point i was laughing my head off as they seem to love screaming while your doing various minigames.

Anyway while Hamaguchi was fishing Arino was doing a spot of handycrafts & making a bit of furniture for their island stay, i started him off on making a bench for them to sit on. In this minigame you have to saw lengths of wood by rubbing up & down on the touch screen, but theres crabs sitting on the wood so you have to stop & prod them off & continue.

After you have done a minigame for each person they meet back & show eachother their handywork, if you were sucessful you then get to the next bit, cooking YAY (bonus points) you select 2 fish from your catch & then have to prepare them which means either pulling strings of fish guts out or be removing the scales after that you get taken to the cooking minigame.

The cooking section is actually a simple version of simon where the computer shows you the sequence of stuff & then you have to repeat it with the same timing, theres several cooking methods but they all follow the same principle apart from a few extras like stirring or changing the heat level.

& that was my first day, the game then continues as you sleep & move onto day 2 & choose what your going to do for the day, on day 2 i sent Arino to make a hut while Hamaguchi was relegated to fishing duty by dragging a net in to the beach but i failed miserably, so when it was show & tell time they had sod all to eat so Hamaguchi had to go back into the sea for a spot of night fishing LOL before they could cook & eat.

The final thing is the chicken they have, he's called Shyakku & even the chicken is comedy value. At certain points you have to slect his icon on the screen to feed him or other activities, during the second day i was supposed to talk to him using the mic but instead i screamed at him & his stress meter went through the roof & i made him ill picture of chicken lying in dead animal pose with legs stuck up, took a few days feeding to get him better again.

& thats it so far, its mad, it's funny, it's weird as hell & im loving it the graphics are nice if not a little odd & i love their comedy screaming. The stickers that come with it are great too but i dont think i'll use them. Only downer is theres a bit of japanese in the minigames that you need to know in order to know how to do the minigames properly. You can bluff along but you will just get poor grades when the minigame ends.
    Last edited by importaku; 09-04-2008, 00:07.

i saw a japanese word followed by an exclamation and i immediately clicked through thinking it was another ouendan sequel.

oh and the word yowiko baffled me enough to go on a google quest while waiting for the full post, and i uncovered the mighty but apparently obsolete WI, and also the even-more-dazzling-and-oh-so-squiggly WE

Comment

Lol, I'm getting this baby!
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Time for another update. "gets down from elitist Ntsc-j ivory tower"

First up theres a new movie up on the official site so you can see how bat**** crazy this game is

バンダイナムコエンターテインメントの公式サイトです。スマートフォン向けゲームアプリや家庭用ゲーム、ライブ、イベントなど、多彩なエンターテインメントをお届けしています。

Been playing a lot of this the past few weeks, theres quite a lot to it more than i was expecting. Some minigames only happen if you do something in another minigame.

For example in the my home building game if you do really well & construct a fortress then you will miss one of the minigames as only when you do **** & build a wobbly crappy house do you get the cutscene where a storm comes in the night & you have to run back & forth while avoiding getting fried by lightening to keep the corner posts up.

If you get to the other parts of the island theres a few more minigames, at a certain point in the game you will have the option of building a raft. If you make it you unlock a game where you have to punt up river while avoiding rocks & floating logs, theres 2 drop off points up the river where if you get that far you can use that part of the island as your base. At different points on the island theres different fish in the waters.

The fishing is pretty varied too, theres 2 kinds of fishing you can do, net fishing on the beach or go spear fishing in the sea. In net fishing you use the radar to see what fish there are, when you see the ones you want you stop the radar when theres a bright fish, you then mix the powders to match the colour of the fish your after. Theres also an oil drum you can find when net fishing, if you get it & build a stand for it you unlock the hot tub minigame.

The spear fishing is even more varied, depending on the course & the part of the island your on the fish are different. At the start theres usually a couple of whoppers that appear & then race off into the distance for you to find. Now heres the dilemma the big ones are right a the end of the course so you have to ignore all the stuff you see so you have enough air to make it to the end. Sometimes they are hidden in the levels too & you have to tap rocks to get them to come out, if you touch a rock & it makes a noise keep tapping as you get closer & a fish will bolt out from behind it. If you find an octopus you can do the minigame where the poor bugger is clinging on for dear life as it knows that your japanese & have full intention of cooking it, you have to lift its arms of the rock while avoiding getting inked. If your sucessful then the poor thing becomes just another ingredient for the cooking round

Also somwhere underwater theres an eel that has a spearhead embedded in its body, if you manage to catch it you can get this spearhead & upgrade your fishing spear in the woodwork construction minigame.

In the woodwork construction minigame you can choose a whole host of items to make, some will only appear on ther list when you have done a particular thing like find the oil drum ect.. but theres also things for your chicken like a hen house, if you build one the chances of her laying eggs increases so you have more cooking options if she pops one out. Theres also musical instruments that you can makr to use in another minigame.

The game seems to have multiple endings, the first time i played the game ended on the 10th day & the credits rolled. However on my second playthrough i found a mysterious statue artifact under water, this extended my game & i proceeded to find 2 more hidden in the island. Looks like theres more to it to find.

Still made nowhere near all the different food dishes you can make as im still trying to find the appropriate ingredients too, if you make a particularly good dish sometimes shyakku will attack you & try to steal it all, so you end up having to rapidly scoff the food while you slap shyakku out of the way with your chopsticks

It's fun in small blasts & still lots to do in it plus it makes me genuinely laugh while i play, the voices are ace.

Makes me want to track down the tv show the game is based from as it looks great.
        Last edited by importaku; 02-05-2008, 00:54.

Comment

Looks quite fun. I'll be picking this up.

If the TV show is Japanese TV, I think it's highly unlikely to be great.

Comment

Well game centre cx is a japanese show & thats pretty good, chances of finding any episodes are pretty much nil though for this one.

Had to lol today, shyakku was facing away from the screen in the "im going to lay an egg" pose, the minigame kicked in where you have to play some music for her to lay her egg to. Well i thought i had done really well she started straining & then pop, she squeezed out a huge turd instead

Looks like fried turd on the menu tonight*

(may or may not actually happen lol)
            Last edited by importaku; 05-05-2008, 15:13.

Comment

To each his own. Personally, after nearly 8 years here, watching a few hours of Japanese TV is far worse than any of the torture instruments I saw when I went to the Tower of London.

Look for Edo Harumi for the latest inane "comedienne" "tarento". If my TV hadn't been so expensive, I swear I'd have put my fist through it by now.

Of course, it's Manhunt 2 that made me this violent.

Anyway, I'm dragging us off topic.

Comment

im very selective with japanese tv, i know its pretty bad & follows the same carbon cutout as ever other show on the air. Luckily in the mountain of crap theres a few grains of gold.

still beats uk tv though i dont watch anything, hell my tv isnt even hooked up to an ariel its that bad.

Comment

I only watch IQ Suppli and the sumo - incidentally, if you're a fan of the TV show the second IQ Supplu game is a lot of fun. I couldn't really get into the first. The wife has Tokyo Friends Park 2, based on an inane TV show. All DS games.

Comment

lol this sounds alot of fun

Comment

Working...
                    X