Triggerheart Exelica (XBLA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lurch996 View Post
    I don't think there's a way to become invunerable as such, but you do have a small supply of bombs that will clear the screen of bullets for a few seconds to get out of tricky spots, and if you set auto swing off (which is the best way to play it imo), you can use bigger enemies as shields and smaller ones as mini-bombs to clear the bullets close to your character.
    I'll try turning the Auto Swing orf then I found it tricky to use as I couldn't control it anyway, I broke out the Hori Stick I bought recently for the first time, it was really fun.

I didn't know where to post this, but someone might find it useful
    I saw this LCD monitor in Staples reduced to ?250 the other day, rather uniquely the screen rotates so it'd be ideal for vertical shooter fans.http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-2436.aspx
    Even more so is that it has composite/component/S-video and HDCP DVI (HDMI) and Faroudja chips in it, which would theoretically make it pretty good for older stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince View Post
      I can't even get scores locally at the moment, am i missing something?
      Online rankings are Gold only now on 360 if your silver you will not see them

Comment

I played THE on DC ages back. I really loved the music but I found everything else rather banal. There are so many better bullet hell shooters that I just can't be bothered with this one.

Comment

I'm sure there are, but there is only a couple in HD, on 360

Comment

I'll be having a serious bash on the scores at this tonight.

My current best is 37mil and I died on the second stage boss.

I'll be giving this a serious bashing, don't you guys worry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
              Under Defeat was G-Rev, of Senko no Ronde.

As SnR got 360'd, there's a chance Under Defeat might.

If it does, you're in for a treat. It's an amazing little game.
              Part of me doesn't want Under Defeat to get ported, but I'm just a Dreamcast fanboi A Borderdown/Under Defeat Double Pack release would actually be quite nice but it's worth chasing up a Dreamcast for these 2 games, they look utterly stunning, even on those new fangled HDTV things and upscale beautifully in VGA.

Is it as good a port as Rez was? I already have the DC ver, but I'm quite tempted as it means my GD-ROM will stay mint and I don't have to hook the DC up to play it, though I already have the official DC Arcade stick but I'd want to buy the DOA4 one for 360... argh decisions >_<

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                I didn't know where to post this, but someone might find it useful
                It'd make the game the wrong aspect ratio shooters are in 3:4, that monitor would be 9:16 or 10:16 rotated so everything would be long and thin.

I have to say, I bought a Mitsubishi CRT flat screen monitor a few years back that happily sits on it's side, and the PQ is utterly mind blowing for the 3:4 aspect ratio shooters.

Comment

Just for info, to get Lindear (is that right, god my memory is poor) to appear on level 1 you need
                  Yellow thingies, and to get her to appear on Level 3 you need
                  - after defeating the original boss each time.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                    Just for info, to get Lindear (is that right, god my memory is poor) to appear on level 1 you need
                    Yellow thingies, and to get her to appear on Level 3 you need
                    - after defeating the original boss each time.
                    I've got my work cut out for me then!

Comment

You're not alone, can't currently get anywhere near those totals myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                        You're not alone, can't currently get anywhere near those totals myself.

Just before the level 1 boss, there's a power-up ship and then another ship on the right - if you grab that last ship, you can use it to soak bullets off the boss and slooooooowly push up your numbers.

Eventually you'll lose it, but if you leave the boss alive long enough he starts spitting out ships that you can capture for more bonuses.

I've only managed it on Easy, myself.

I kind of miss the little dialog bits from the Dreamcast version; I wish they'd left them in as surely they couldn't have been THAT much space taken up.

Comment

Nice little title - just getting to grips with the manual anchor thing - roll on Ikaruga
                          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I can't for the life of me work out how to swing when I turn Autoswing off, any tips?

Comment

Hold in both your shot and your anchor, then use the pad.

Comment

I was just about to say I just realised it was fire and anchor!

Comment

Working...
                                X