Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you had a bad experience with Play-Asia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my game from PA this morning. It took nearly a month but at least I got it thank god.

Comment

I don't know whats up with Play Asia as I've never had any problems with them but now I find I'm in the same situation as a few people here, still waiting for a couple of Wii games that were invoiced on the 30th Nov.

Are they using a cheaper ship based delivery method?

of course now I'm quite concerned..

Comment

Business like to use cheapest postage as possible.

They don't care how long it take to get there as long it get there within 3 weeks. They are not interested in speedy service.

We need asia answer to VG+ I am amazed non of japanese based gamers on this forum or similar have not step up to give us what we want.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
          In the middle of a bad experience with them now! Ordered God of War II from them, shipped on the 3rd and still haven't recieved it yet. Will give it til Monday, if it doesn't arrive I will be contacting them and never using them again.

Same here dude. GOW shipped on 3rd December & now 19 days later nothing. The worst thing is that its a chrimbo pressie for my bro so if it doesnt turn up on Monday then I've got nothing to give him .

Either PA have f**ked up or Royal Mail have really misjudged how much ppl were going to use their service.

Actually it could very much be Royal Mails misjudgement. I've just had an email from someone that I sold summat to on ebay. I posted it out on the 17th way before the final posting day of the 20th & he still hasnt had it. I'm also waiting for a PO in the post which was sent on Monday & still nothing, & I've also noticed that I havent had much mail this wk which is strange too.

If RM are to blame then they should have put more ppl on to do the job, or are they still striking in some parts of the country?

Comment

Gotta say nope and used them for 4 years now.

Comment

What pisses me off is that although the post may be a little slack I'd actually had 2 items ship separately from PA on the 3rd December & 1 turned up a wk ago.

Comment

I think this deserves a warning to all Play-Asia.com customers on this forum.

Play-Asia has sent me a pirate copy of a DS game (it was supposed to be a US copy of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story). Their customer support claimed that was impossible but I've shipped the game back to them anyway. I have very little hope that they will admit what happened as I can't believe that I was the only person who was sent a pirate copy, noticed it and contacted them.

It was also very easy to tell without even having to remove the shrinkwrap, all the usual tell-tale signs were there: the poor quality of the cover's printing, the way it was crudely cut to fit the case and the dodgy shrinkwrap (unlike the one Nintendo uses on the titles they publish).

Amusingly, I had previously only had contact with a pirate DS game once, and that was a copy of Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time I had bought on eBay. The US versions of Nintendo's own games seem to be the most pirated of them all.

Comment

Did you purchase a new game or 2nd hand version?

Comment

A new, US copy of the game. In their defence, it was sealed.

Comment

Play-Asia have managed to somewhat renew my trust in them.

After receiving my return parcel, they've contacted me and apologized profusely. While they never used the words 'pirate' or 'bootleg' in relation to it, they admitted that the game was in 'shocking condition' and said they would investigate the matter further. They maintain that mine was the only such copy, though I can't see how that's possible, but I understand that something like this is very hard for a company such as Play-Asia to openly admit having happened.

In the end, I was offered a full refund and a $5.00 credit to my account, which should just about cover the cost of returning the game to them.

I hope their quality control improves a bit after this unfortunate event. I'll keep on buying my DS games from them, after initially deciding I probably wouldn't anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X