Watches:What are you wearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
    I would love to own a Rolex submariner but can't justify the price on that one, so I got a seiko sea urchin instead
    Seiko, one of the few other watchmakers that use their own movements in their watches. You be hard pressed to find a better watch than a Grand Seiko at the price but most people wouldn't mention it in the same breath as the Swiss brands.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
      Seiko, one of the few other watchmakers that use their own movements in their watches. You be hard pressed to find a better watch than a Grand Seiko at the price but most people wouldn't mention it in the same breath as the Swiss brands.
      After my experience with Tag I've gone off the Swiss boys, I still like nice watches though and fancy a good Seiko or Citizen at some point, perhaps in the next couple of years.

Comment

I know I've said it before, but this Seiko has a stunning display:
        [hide][/hide]

Comment

I bought a new watch

Comment

That cool! What is it?

It reminds me of the new Fossil Q Founder smartwatch!

It's their first smartwatch and looks quite nice.
            Review here: http://www.digitaltrends.com/watch-r...founder-review

The Huawei Watch is also quite nice.
            Review: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/wea...1286545/review

However, the smartwatch bubble might be about to burst. At CES 2016, only two smartwatches were announced, Fitbit and Casio, and Fitbit lost 40% of its share value overnight!
            Tag and Huawei announced some software updates though.

Casio WSD F-10

Fitbit Blaze

Tag Heuer Connected

Maybe I should go for something at the other end of the scale like this minimalistic, but eye-catching Issey Miyake TO Series SILAN003!

There are some watches coming out that are like a standard watch, but have smart functionality within them like the Mondaine Helvetica No.1 which has things like a pedometer, heart rate and sleep monitor that talks to a phone app.
            Last edited by QualityChimp; 05-02-2016, 13:11.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              That cool! What is it?
              It's the LG G Watch Urbane - there's still a way to go with these Android Wear watches, so it'll be interesting to see where they're at after a couple more iterations.

Comment

I'll put some up next week - rammed with work this week so haven't had time.......ha ha

Comment

I was briefly interested in the TAG Connected, but until they confirm what the upgrade route is for future iterations then I'm staying out. The case and bracelet are nice, but not ?1200 nice and if they release a new version in a year that can't be retrofitted into the existing case then I'd be gutted. My hope is that whatever follows is the same form factor so early adopters can get a (relatively) cheap upgrade to keep current. If that doesn't happen then I can't see myself ever buying a smartwatch. That Fossil seems nice enough but damn is it chunky, and that exchange rate is killer, it's like the early days of importing again, $295>?280 lol, nice one.

Comment

I'm not really in to watches that much but I do have 4, 3 of which are pictured here. The one that isn't is a Gold and Platinum Seiko that was part of a wedding set. Quite a nice watch but too flashy for every day use. It's in the draw boxed up.

Ones I tend to use are below.

Far left - Garmen Vivo Smart J (The J just means it has English and Japanese language) I use this when mucking about out side or on a walk.

Center - Accurist 50m water proof watch. My night out watch. Quite rare to have this in Japan although nothing too special in the UK.

Far Right - Looks like an Apple Watch but it's actually a Goowatch or MOWatch depending on who you ask. It's an Apple Watch clone that works with Android and surprisingly of very high quality.

Comment

I bought a Pebble Steel off eBay and I love it!
                      I got the black version with a black metal strap. It's in perfect condition and at a fraction of the full price.

I spent all Friday night updating, synchronising and adding faces to it. It's cool that they're still supporting the earlier devices and not just the colour Pebble Time and Pebble Round.

There's a couple of pins for the magnetic charger to go on and the face is lovely and clear, like an early Kindle.
                      I also like that early pixel vibe going on with some excellent video game faces like Pac-Man, Mario, Pokemon and Tetris.
                      I like the idea of changing the faces around and I'm trying to get one I like that's also functional. Plenty of bonkers ones to choose from!

I think [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] should get one. He'd design some amazing faces for it!

Comment

I know we have a few Seiko fans on this Forum, does anyone know some details about these 2 Seiko's and how much they might be worth?

I'm thinking of selling them both, 1 is a Seiko Solar Chronograph (The first image below, with orange details) and the bezel has a roaring compass but I've always felt it's bit lose as it does move during the course of a day whilst wearing it. Is this expected?

The other is a Seiko Chronograph that I've owned for longer, the second image below.

Comment

Try this link to ID your watches - http://www.watchprosite.com/?page=wf...073&pi=6292968
                          Once you know the model you can get a better idea of value.

The top one is likely a SSC077P1.
                          Last edited by smouty; 03-03-2016, 09:47.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=2680]smouty[/MENTION] that's really handy!

Comment

Time for a thread bump (did you see what I did there?).

Article from the BBC website about how the luxury sector is coping at present, with both smart watches and the world economy affecting the market.

Tag Heuer and Hublot watches chief Jean-Claude Biver says his industry must embrace Apple not reject it.

Comment

Funnily enough i just bought an iWatch. Best thing ever when you ride a motorcycle.

I can answer it while my phone is in my rucksack, can answer it without taking off my gloves and helmet, can also see who is calling and if it's a call i am waiting for i'll pull over to take it or call them back.

And love being able to turn off the lights at home with it, the future is here!

Comment

Working...
                                X