The best of the Street Fighter series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best of the Street Fighter series

I'm someone who's been playing the SF games for years from Street Fighter II onwards, and thoroughly appreciate what I have played. But I'll admit I am not greatly knowledgeable about the series.

Anyway, to get the point, which are generally considered the "best" Street Fighter games and various spin-offs? I'm going to play as many as I can, y'see.

Super Street Fighter 2 X is considered the pinnacle of the "SF2" series.

Street Fighter 3 : Third Strike, is considered the best of the "SF3" series

This doesn't necessarily mean you'll find the most fun playing them, I have more fun with the original SF3 or double impact, than with 3rd Strike.

Comment

Thanks. What about all the various spin-offs (Alpha, Marvel vs Capcom etc)?

And isn't Super SF II/Super SF II X meant to be severely unbalanced by the 'new challengers'?

Comment

MvC2 is one of the more played and well thought of spin-offs, but it gets crazy.

Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3 is well worth a look too, as is X-men Vs Street Fighter.

Comment

Personally I love Zero 2 Gold and, if you want to get "vs" on our asses: Capcom vs SNK Pro.

Comment

For me personally I always choose turbo as my favorite. It obviously is my own choice and I'm not saying it's definitive.
            Also worth a look are capcom vs snk 1 and 2, Alpha 2, and super X.

Comment

Would go with Street Fighter zero 3 as my favorite, second SF3 Thrid Strike.

The older ones are a bit dated, but still really great fun can still play them for hours, but mostly in 2player.

Comment

See how opinions differ id rank SFZ3 as my worst, i dislike the music and the modernist design asthetic, tho a few of the bg's were nice.

I love Alpha/Zero 1 for having great music, few characters and bg's, its a classic.

And SF2' on PC Engine w/ Avenue pad six.

Comment

Out of the Alpha games I'd go with Zero 2/Zero 2 Alpha. The first was clearly unfinished (colour swap backgrounds 4tl) and chain combos felt wrong in Street Fighter. I like Zero 3 but for me it will always lag behind Zero 2 as it lacks the balance that the second game had (especially some of the crazy V-ism combos that were evident in the first few revisions of the game).

Not a massive fan of the Marvel Vs. games but if I had to play one it would be Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter. The Marvel Vs. Capcom games (with helpers or 3on3 combat) felt a little too much for me. MSHvSF got the balance of crazy OTT fighting with a good level of play just right.

Comment

Best for me, well for the Alpha/Zero series it has to be Alpha 2 Gold/Zero 2 Dash.

For Street Fighter 3 is has to be 3rd strike

For the Capcom vs SNK series it has to be Capcom vs SNK Pro Edition

SSF2T/X Speaks for itself.

But as far as I'm concerned Marvel vs Capcom 2 is the greatest fighter ever made with 3rd strike just behind it. Saturn & DC ports all the way as well.

Comment

For me SF2 Zero/Alpha was and always will be the best. Dont get me wrong I like all SF but thats always been most balanced/best of series for me.

Comment

1, Ssf2t
                        2, Hsf2
                        3, Sf2 Ce
                        4, Sfz3
                        5, Sf3 3s

Comment

No love for Marvel Super Heroes Vs SF?

I love the over the top announcer..."Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku!!" or whatever.

My other favourites have to be, Capcom Vs Snk pro and Sf zero 2 & 3.

Comment

I'm with the Alpha 2 people. Won't say it's the best and certainly the custom combo system did absolutely nothing for me. But for overall style, character choice and gameplay system, Alpha 2 is tops for me.

Comment

Alpha 3 for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X