No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone here playing the PC or PS3 version who can report back whether these versions feature better lighting/shadowing or any other improvements?

Comment

Hehe Ive took a break and now I want to go back and continue on veteran. Ive come too far

Anyone else not expecting this time of gameplay? I was expecting gungho FPS as usual but its more of Rainbow 6 team but you just let your AI teammates get on with it. Works so much better as it adds to that your part of something.

Comment

Holy sheet! How good is this? What pacing and set pieces, not to mention the graphics and atmosphere. I wasn't expecting this at all!

Comment

Muahaha it came I a day early, thank u game! It IS the dogs bollocks tbh

Comment

Good god. I've just got to mission 4 I think it is

where it starts off on a street at night with a derelict tank and an ambush...

and it's just stunning. The atmosphere, the intensity... Awesome.

Comment

However like COD 3 there are parts that make me mad. Like when you keep killing ridiculous amounts of the enemy, get quite far in one of the big firefights then die, and your checkpoint is really far back. And in these situations you die really.. "gaylie", just makes me want to break things, ARGH!

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                anyone here playing the PC or PS3 version who can report back whether these versions feature better lighting/shadowing or any other improvements?
                I'll be getting both PS3/360 versions tomorrow, so I'll be able to tell you if PS3 has the rumoured extra 2 missions, 4 extra mp maps and advanced graphics or not.

Comment

Where you hear about these extra missions from m8 I heard they where all same?

I had about 1hour with the NTSC gang tonight on my first online experience. Really enjoyed it although we did keep getting it dropping saying draw (then it ended) but when it worked it worked perfect with no latency and they have even fixed the chopper slowdown on beta

Oh and I got past my bit on Veteran but Im stuck on next bit now. I checked and I wasnt on mission 2 I was on Act 1 mission 2 so its definetly going to take me more than 5hours to finish more like 15 at this rate hehe :P

Comment

I told a big fat lie. It is my birthday

Comment

Playing this on veteran and loving it. Just completed the AC-130 level

Can't say I have really struggled on any parts yet but I suspect that will change as I get further into the game.

Comment

Just did the Chernobyl mission that was the brief video shown at the recent E3 I think .. was going to save and turn it off but ended up doing the entire level. Very dramatic at the end of that one

Comment

Everyone seems to LOVE this, really excited for tomorrow. One problem though, mother will be sleeping during the day as she works nightshift so I cant turn the volume up to crazy on my 5.1 and have to resort to headphones. Should I wait and experience it the way it deserves yeh? I just cant see myself sitting there and not playing it as it sits next to me!

I hope everyones turning the stupid auto aim off again? As it usually defaults to on, makes people think they are god at the game without realising, then you tell them to turn it off and they die constantly.

Comment

wanted to play online but couldn't find a single game! i got playlists: 0/0, total players online: 1

anyone getting sound fx for falling/floor hitting cartridges? i don't in my 360 version.

Comment

Online works a treat - you can tell they've done work post-beta to improve every aspect - barely any lag most of the time (playing with Americans) and there were usually 4-6 of us in the party and it always kept us on the same team.

Only problem was if a friend joins mid-game they can end up on the other team and you need to set up the party again to get them into it but it's no biggie as it's so easy to do on 360.

The maps are frikkin' tremendous.

Comment

The online went a bit funny last-night, kept dropping games out at a draw for some reason, but the game as a whole; effin' superb.

Comment

Working...
                                X