No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am now playing this on 360 as a noob cos my PS3 is broke until monday (I am Gold Cross on PS3) Interestly, the 360 pad and sound gives it a different 'feel'. Being a noob (although Ia m not) is fun cos everyone expexts yuo to be crap!!

Comment

Was on this last night for the first time in ages and it felt like a lot of stuff had been tweaked since I last played it. Maybe just my imagination but helicopters definitely seemed to be more deadly, and also Claymores - You used to be able to sprint past them a lot of the time and survive, but not now...

Comment

Helos are nastier in conjunction with a UAV, particularly in hardcore. People are probably just being more canny with claymores so that you run into them rather than past them. That and having sonic boom. That's what mean old me does.

Comment

Yeah forget about that sometimes, the perk to make explosives more powerful as sometimes I see a claymore and walk by it on purpose thinking I'll make it past but it kills me.

I love getting heli's now and usually wait until a UAV is out to deploy it for more kills. One of mine today got at least ten kills, it was amazing, totally kicked ass.

Comment

Stuck this on again for the first time in a good week or two.

Started off being absolutely garbage, playing against the old sniper + ACOG combo which is annoying as **** to play against. After that though the games were good, and we finished off with Domination on Showdown.

Using my new Heli technique of waiting til I die, killing afew people then deploying it. Means it almost always gets me an Airstrike, and hopefully if my UAV it's earned is still up, I can place a good enough airstrike to get another chopper. Rinse and repeat.

Used it so well that I went 52 kills with 7 deaths, 4 airstrikes, 4 helicopters in that one game. It was oh so sweet, and we also won the game, coming from behind, 200-199 in the last second.

Comment

Bought this again yesterday on PS3, went straight to the online. Selected 'Find Game' and all it gives me is the ****ing 'Downloading Game Settings...' bull****. I left it last night for over half an hour and it didn't change, and I've tried it several times this morning and it's still not changed. What the hell is happening?

Comment

Originally posted by mmcg View Post
                Bought this again yesterday on PS3, went straight to the online. Selected 'Find Game' and all it gives me is the ****ing 'Downloading Game Settings...' bull****. I left it last night for over half an hour and it didn't change, and I've tried it several times this morning and it's still not changed. What the hell is happening?
                never had a problem. have you triead quitting and restarting?

I ahve bought two copis of this and bioth worked fine. had to buy second as 1st is stuck in my old PS3 until sony return it.

If you google the problem there are some god tipsthat might help..

Comment

Incorrect router setup I'd imagine

Comment

Had a look on the infinityward forums which said to reset your router. Done that and it worked fine. The online isn't as good as it was, there's just too many high levels now lol.

Just completed the single player again, and bloody hell is it good. Probably my fav game of all time. My only gripe is that there isn't enough opportunities to use night vision. Other than that though, pretty much perfect for me.

Comment

Only bad thing about it is no co-op. I'm on this all the time, over 10 days play now but have only played the campaign once on Hardened and that's it. Would have loved to got myself and 3 mates playing it all at once on Live.

Comment

EVENTUALLY!!

Got my Gold Mini-Uzi, probably the most frustrating gold gun I've got so far, Sniper and LMG were a breeze compared to this. The Skorpion as actually the worst gun in the game and only after a few weeks of using it have I got used to it and managed the last 60 headshots in about 3 hours play on this. But the clip is so small compared to any other SMG and the gun is deals out very weak damage so killing people is a royal pain in the arse. I've been sneaking about though all the time now with silencers and UAV Jammer and just going up behind people and headshotting them from close range behind them. Great fun!

Now I can get back to enjoying the game and just killing people for now, without going for headshots. Until I start to go for the gold AK-47!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                          EVENTUALLY!!

Got my Gold Mini-Uzi, probably the most frustrating gold gun I've got so far, Sniper and LMG were a breeze compared to this. The Skorpion as actually the worst gun in the game and only after a few weeks of using it have I got used to it and managed the last 60 headshots in about 3 hours play on this. But the clip is so small compared to any other SMG and the gun is deals out very weak damage so killing people is a royal pain in the arse. I've been sneaking about though all the time now with silencers and UAV Jammer and just going up behind people and headshotting them from close range behind them. Great fun!

Now I can get back to enjoying the game and just killing people for now, without going for headshots. Until I start to go for the gold AK-47!

The Gold AK47 is a much longer journey the Gold UZI. I did the AK47 first and found the M60 and Uzi a beeze after it!

Comment

Originally posted by mmcg View Post
                            Bought this again yesterday on PS3,
                            Holy crap you didn't just pirate it like you normally do? woah.

anyway
                            playing Call of duty 5 beta has just made me want to go back to this game tbh, it's so great

Comment

Played this for half an hour there and it was the lagiest it's ever been. Dunno if it was my internet playing up but I would see a guy coming like 40ft away, go to shoot him, then 2 seconds later, he's ran by me and I'm dead without seeing a thing of it. Then the kill cam shows what happened, and I'm just standing still in it every time! Bloody annoying as ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                                Played this for half an hour there and it was the lagiest it's ever been. Dunno if it was my internet playing up but I would see a guy coming like 40ft away, go to shoot him, then 2 seconds later, he's ran by me and I'm dead without seeing a thing of it. Then the kill cam shows what happened, and I'm just standing still in it every time! Bloody annoying as ****.
                                Sometimes happens with overseas host. Just quit the gsame and find a new one shoudl be OK

Comment

Working...
                                X