Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Gamer issue 44

Complete History DOOM
    Prepare to get scared senseless as Retro Gamer looks back at one of gaming's most terrifying franchises

Classic Game
    Spy Hunter
    Move over James Bond, because we've found a spy theme tune that's even better than yours

The Making of?
    Rescue on Fractalus
    Find out how a failed Star Wars pitch turned into a monstrous hit and helped launch LucasArts

Conversion Capers
    Green Beret
    It's a well known arcade hit from the Eighties, but how was it converted to the Speccy? Retro Gamer investigates

Run N Gun Special
    There's an insane number of classic run n gun titles available, but which ones are worth your actual time? Retro Gamer has the answers

The Making of?
    Populous
    It's one of Bullfrog's most popular games and helped launch a brand new genre: the god sim. Retro Gamer talks to its creators and finds out how it all began

Retroinspection
    Master System
    Nintendo's NES may have dominated the 8-bit market, but Sega wasn't willing to go down without a fight.

The Making of?
    James Pond trilogy
    Prepare for plenty of bad puns as Retro Gamer investigates the puntastic James Pond trilogy

Desert Island Disks
    Rob Fulop
    From creating Atari coin-op conversions for the Atari 2600 to creating desktop cats and dogs. Meet Rob Fulop

And much much more including
    Collector's Corner
    Scuba Dive
    Chiki Chiki Boys
    Yume Penguin Monogatari
    Lucky & Wild
    A Nightmare on Elm Street
    ET
    Fort Apocalypse
    Magic Mushrooms[/img]

I have never bought retro gamer before, but i am seriously tempted with the contents of this issue. Can i get it from wh smiths and the like?

Comment

It was all going well until.... "ET"

Comment

Oh no, Retro Gamer is Doomed!

Comment

Received this the other day. Shaping up to be a top issue so far (from what I've read).

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
            I have never bought retro gamer before, but i am seriously tempted with the contents of this issue. Can i get it from wh smiths and the like?
            Yes, most branches of Smiths should carry it. That's where I get mine, not sure when this issue will be out but it should be very soon.

Comment

got my first issue last month.. I got mine from smiths, might get a sub for xmas.

Hopefully you can get more interviews with the makers of the old school games.. as i find that the most intresting.

//edit can i suggest some games to look at (if you haven't aleready)
              Last edited by joe90; 07-11-2007, 08:20.

Comment

Originally posted by joe90 View Post
                got my first issue last month.. I got mine from smiths, might get a sub for xmas.

Hopefully you can get more interviews with the makers of the old school games.. as i find that the most intresting.
                That's always been the main focus of the mag mate. It's all very well reading about top games etc, but I think there's a lot more substance when you can get a developer's input.

Comment

Gamestation stocks RG.

Liked the collector corner with James Costello!

You should have got Bock (Omar Cornut) on there for that though

Comment

We can only get whoever contacts us. I can only imagine what Anagaram's (is that right) looks like.

Comment

Well, at the moment it looks like a huge pile of boxes in my parent's attic - had to stick it all into storage due to space issues the last time I moved

Mr Costello has more SMS stuff than me though, but that's largely because I have no desire to own half a dozen minutely different variants of every game Oh, and Bock's probably got more than both of us put together!

Comment

I wish they would do a feature on handheld games.They have done very little on this over the years.Not a bad read though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhaforever View Post
                          I wish they would do a feature on handheld games.They have done very little on this over the years.Not a bad read though.
                          There was a magificent game and watch feature...not sure of the issue though.

Loving this months issue, i'm yet to be disappointed, and there is always something special.

Sub guys, this really is a great magazine.

Comment

I enjoyed the Run-n-Gun feature. Darran chose some great games.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                              I enjoyed the Run-n-Gun feature. Darran chose some great games.
                              Well to be fair they weren't all my choices... (many of them were though )

Comment

Working...
                              X