NES to Game Boy Color conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NES to Game Boy Color conversions

How many NES games were converted to the Game Boy Color? Were there that many in the first place?

The obvious one is Super Mario Bros DX. Also, the NES conversion of Ghosts and Goblins ended up on the GBC. Can't think of any others off hand...

Shadowgate Classic is a remake of a NES game. It plays exactly like the NES version so far as I can tell, but then it is only a point-and-clicker.

I think the first Deja Vu (another adventure, released on the GBC as Deja Vu I and II - The Casebooks of Ace Harding) was also out on the NES.

I've noticed all my GBC games which are also remakes or colourised versions of GB games have black carts rather than the see-through ones - maybe this will jog some memories?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
      Shadowgate Classic is a remake of a NES game. It plays exactly like the NES version so far as I can tell, but then it is only a point-and-clicker.

I think the first Deja Vu (another adventure, released on the GBC as Deja Vu I and II - The Casebooks of Ace Harding) was also out on the NES.

I've noticed all my GBC games which are also remakes or colourised versions of GB games have black carts rather than the see-through ones - maybe this will jog some memories?
      they were the special carts designed to work in both GB and GBC. If you had GBC you get colors but it also works in old gb

Comment

The Dragon Warrior remakes. However they did spruce up the graphics significantly.

Comment

(>^_^)>

Crystalis was also remade / re-released on the GameBoy Color, as
          well as Marble Madness, Bionic Commando and Tetris (as Tetris DX).

ceno

Comment

Originally posted by cenobite View Post
            Bionic Commando
            Bionic Commando on GBC has nothing to do with NES or GB versions. It is also pretty ****ty game.

Comment

Wasn't the NES version of Bionic Commando released on the GBA though as part of a compilation?

Comment

Originally posted by gossi the dog View Post
                Wasn't the NES version of Bionic Commando released on the GBA though as part of a compilation?
                Yup, Capcom Classics: Mini-Mix. It has Strider (NES version), Mighty Final Fight and Bionic Commando.

Comment

Working...
                X