No announcement yet.

Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved COTM! I've played and beat it seven or eight times same as AOS and SOTN.
    I liked this compilation and SOTN on the PSP looks gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
      this coming from a man who didn't like earthworm jim...
      I found earthworm jim a dull monotonous shooter. I can sort of see why people like it though.

As for COTM, i will always think of it as a huge stepbackwards when compared to SOTN. Luckily they fixed that for Aria of Sorrow, which is an absolutly fantastic game that can equal the excellence of SOTN. Same goes for Dawn of Sorrow. But Harmony of Dissonance and Portrait of Ruin, not so much.

Hopefully the new one thats in the works is a return to form.

Comment

a huge step backwards? it was on a 16bit handheld! on a cartridge! again, not really played sotn yet. but you're right, harmony of dissonance was a nightmare. scratch what i said before too, a better remake of rondo would be have been to take the opening sequence of symphony of the night, and do it for the whole of rondo of blood. the difference in control and animation is astounding. but i have to say, i totally disagree with these people saying that the castleroid style games are intrinsically better than the linear ones, when both styles clearly have their classics and their stinkers. i guess in the end it doesn't really matter to them, i doubt we'll be seeing many more of the linear ones.

Comment

Downloaded a save and tried Rondo with Maria, which pretty much cements my opinion as cast-iron trufax. I can't see why anyone would want to hamstring themselves with a broken character when they could be using someone who can actually dodge without resorting to precognition. Seriously, the game's still annoying, ancient and staggeringly cheap but much, much less frustrating once it's easier to see how exactly I could have avoided dying.

SotN is the same as it ever was, of course, though I miss the old voices/dialogue and the aspect ratio is a little bit of a pain. Still a vastly, vastly superior game.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
            a huge step backwards? it was on a 16bit handheld! on a cartridge!
            Gameplay wise.... Which is why i said Aria of Sorrow also on the GBA, was equal to SOTN and brought the style back to form.

Are you all having problems with the 3d version of Rondo then? If so your going to have even more problems with the 2d version, the 3d one is alot easier in my eyes.

Comment

they're about the same. i already clocked the original on the pc engine. i'm just not a fan of the remake because they don't seem to have added anything. it reminds me of the remake of psycho.

Comment

Working...
              X