The Oldest Game You Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Oldest Game You Play?

Ok, whats the oldest game you still like to play? Not the oldest game you own, the oldest you still play?
    This is not a competition so you cant 'win' by claiming to still play 'Space War' or 'Pong' so don't do it (unless its true natch) so even if its only a few years old or even one of those pretend retro games on the VC let us know what it is?
    Me? Every now and again i still enjoy a game of 'Rush'n Attack' aka 'Green Beret' (c) Konami 1985. For those that dont know its a side scrolling 'run'n gun' game in a similar vein to 'Contra', sort of a Cold war Metal Slug if you will (Rush'n Attack=Russian Attack? Hmm?) I used to love playing the excellent Spectrum conversion of this when i was a kid and enjoy the 'Arcade perfect' GBA version just as much now its a toss up between this and Capcom's 'Ghosts'n Goblins' also from 1985. Over to you.
    Last edited by SuperDanX; 30-10-2007, 10:58. Reason: spelling as usual

I still play Manic Minner (ZX) and Wonderboy on my MS . They're about the oldest games that I play on a regular level. Plus I do love a good fix Of Space Harrier and OutRun (still as good now as it ever was)

Comment

Mario Bros on the Nes. Still fire this up on the VC almost every time I turn my Wii on to run through a few stages. A brilliant gem of a game.

Comment

Tetris on the Gameboy, even if I have Tetris DS. The old GB version feels better...I play it on the GC GB player or on the GBA SP as my original GB has lost many pixels over the years.

Comment

Atic Atac for me - corkin' game, and one I go back to on the Speccy. Does playing (every couple of months anyhow) my 3D Tomytronic count as well

Irritating Maze gets busted out frequently n' all - track-ball goodness and bloomin' irritating......

Comment

Alley Cat, Moon Bugs and Digger still get regular play from me. True ol'skool PC classics. You need one of those programmes that slows your PC down, else they all run too fast - either that or find patched versions of them. (They are all freeware now).

Comment

rygar arcade on mame

i have at least 1 credit every day, only ever finished it once

Comment

My mate and I are always firing up the VCS (via Z26X on my Xbox) for a good old game of Combat.

Comment

Indeed... the occasional game on the 2600, usually something multiplayer!
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

probably baldurs gate or diablo for the pc

Comment

Gameboy Tetris

Comment

me and my son love Pooyan on MAME, think its an old Konami game from around 1982 and involves saving piglets from wolves who float into the screen on balloons !

its great, really simple but satisfying mechanic as you shoot them out sky by winching your pig up and down in a basket and shooting arrows to pop the balloons.

Comment

Various SG-1000 games, of which Star Jacker probably gets the most play-time.

Comment

Elite, easy. Recently been playing on the NES too!

Mostly when I play recent-ish space stuff I just wonder why it's not like Elite and then end up going off on a rant to the missus why such and such should work like this while running a version in mid-rant to explain. I then shut up, play for a few hours and just get back into it on whatever platform I like. She knows best to just nod her head and agree with me these days, heh.

I love Cobra Command too, fish 'n' chip shop gaming.

Comment

I quite often still play Galaga on the 360 but i also in the last couple of months played it on a cab and mame. Other than that its probably Gradius as i play the original of that quite often.

Comment

Working...
                              X