No announcement yet.

The Oldest Game You Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elevator Action (I own the cocktail arcade) and Wizball (C64).

Comment

Minder on the speccy. Arthur? Arthur Daily? I've got some tellys here colour telleys, nice little lot.

Comment

Got a Famulator from my mate who just came back from japan, got me original Famicom carts of Donkey Kong, Mario Brothers 1-3 and Mario USA. It's great

Comment

Im working my way through Flight of the Amazon Queen on VMScumm just now on my mobile randomly.

Absolutely superb game that I think didnt get anywhere near the kudos it deserved

Comment

Mainly because it's painfully easy

Quake 3 I still play a lot, that's 8 years old now. I still really enjoy Wardner, Mr Bonze Adventure too. Most of all it's predictably enough, The Secret Of Monkey Island (1990).

Comment

Galaga for me. Thrashes hands down any other game from its time.

Comment

Don't really play many older games now but I guess I'd say Metal Slug.... probably doesn't count though as it's on a PSP Neo Geo emulator

Comment

Been playing Super Mario World

Comment

Probably Galaga - I still get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Comment

I'm addicted to Elevator Action on the SG-1000.

Comment

Probably 1985 or so for arcade PCBs (Green Beret, Yie Ar Kung-Fu, etc), early Famicom stuff for consoles....

Comment

I often play these ZX Spectrum games: Skooldaze, Wheelie, Bruce Lee, Jet Pac, Knight Lore, Fairlight and Manic Miner - I run all on emulators on either my PSP, Xbox or PC + have a Spectrum +2 in the loft (load times are still a bit too slow)

Although the oldest I play regularly is probably Pac-man on Mame from 1980.

Comment

Smash TV, SNES or MAME. And Bruce Lee C64

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                              heh, creatures 1+2 on c64 were amazing at the time, I bet they still hold up now pretty well, I just remember staring into the parallax on some levels.
                              More 8 bit love on the forums please!

Just try c64.com and it's a scarily quick download. It still looks and plays every bit as well. I remember reading the work in progress diary in Zzapp every month. The effort this game took to make seemed incredible and I defy anyone not to at least smile at the torture scenes.

That last sentence is sure to put me on some watch list or other. Just play the game and you'lll see what I mean.
                              Last edited by thetrooper; 06-11-2007, 23:29.

Comment

The oldest console stuff i play, and still enjoy is the Sega Mastersystem, love AlexKid in Shinobi world, Bubble Bobble, PowerStrike II and Ninja Gaiden.

Also great with some god old Black&white gameboy games, the ol gameboy got a really great soundchip; crispy stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X