No announcement yet.

The Oldest Game You Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The oldest game I play regulary would, without question, be Sonic The Hedgehog 2.

I love the game and I have the means to play it on the Mega Drive, PS2 and 360.

Comment

Well im still currently making my way through Grandia on the PS1, so i am actively playing an old game, but in pure retro terms i recently acquired some Game Gear stuff from my lady friend and i have been sampling some classic handheld action - TV Tuner and all...........

Comment

I guess it would be Outrun and Space Harrier. I honestly find anything much older to be pretty unplayable, maybe because I was born in 1985. I can 'appriciate' them older games in the way they shaped the industry of course, but I'd find most stuff on the Speccy (for example) to be a bit of a chore generally.

Comment

Early '80s - Defender, Pac-Man, Galaga, Xevious, Robotron 2084 etc still entertain me and can hold my attention for a surprisng amount of time once I boot them up.

Comment

all the oldschool konami shooters, parodius and salamander get played quite a lot.

i just love them to pieces.

Comment

Bomb jack on a daily basis god bless mobile phones

Comment

I have to admit to not playing this until 2000, because it was made way before my gaming life began, and for some reason it didn't get much mention in my circles.

I absolutely love this game. It's soooo electric( if you know what I mean? ) ... the sound effects, like a pulse, and the frenetic gameplay.

Many people prefer SmashTV, which is awesome too, but Robotron is an amazing game in its own right. A work of genius.

Comment

Originally posted by johnno15 View Post
                  Bomb jack on a daily basis god bless mobile phones
                  Another brilliant creation. I could play it everyday, with a smile on my face. Such a charming hypnotic experience.

Comment

Road Rash2 on the Megadrive. I do love that soundtrack.

Comment

Oldest? Probably Yie-Ar Kung Fu. I'm still trying to finish it with single credit.

Comment

Off the top of my head Who Dares Wins on the C64. After that I'd say Creatures 1 and 2. It was amazing how Apex pushed an 8 bit machine. The animation and sound still impress me to this day. Thank God for C64.com.

Happy days!

Comment

regularly still play dungeon keeper 2 on my pc, one of my favourite games of all time

Comment

heh, creatures 1+2 on c64 were amazing at the time, I bet they still hold up now pretty well, I just remember staring into the parallax on some levels.

Comment

Mine must be Super Mario Bros. It's over 20 years old and still superb fun to play.

Comment

the one game that gets the most play time is Streets of Rage 2. i absolutely love it, christ knows how many hours i've put into it - i can't just have a quick go, i get sucked in and sit until i've completed it.

i also muck about with various C64 games, just to revisit my childhood - so it's all about Commando. bleepy music, grenades, slowdown, massive screen flicker, the death animations. class.

Comment

Working...
                                X