Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stopped buying retro games some time ago but I want just one more Shmup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garegga !! again again and again...
    just as deep as rsg if your playing for score/milking/leeching .. i've still not
    1 credited it yet and i been playing for years

Comment

Ikaruga I am not a massive shooter fan but own the GC vers of this and think it's amazing. Granted it is hard, but I'm sure your ace at Shumps so no probs there . As for the other ones I imagine price would be a problem as well.

Comment

I didn't think Ika was that hard to be honest, not in terms of just getting through it anyway as it is just a memory test rather than twitch gameplay which games like BG and Soukyu have far more of. As you've got Soukyu than I'd go for BG as it is a stonking game and one that does play a little differently if you're going for score. Just check the super-play video on the disc as it shows just how differently one can play the game. A clear example being losing a life to reset fire patterns; it's deep, but not obviously so. Something like RSG forces its depth on the player and you can't help but get engrossed in it which gives it a steep learning curve in my opinion. But you sure will love playing it as it IS a fantastic game; the music, graphics and... stroyline? Excellent. I just think BG is the better choice. But you don't like 1945? Hmm...

Fancy giving Under Defeat a go?

Comment

Working...
        X