Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stopped buying retro games some time ago but I want just one more Shmup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some great points there many thanks - I make it something like this so far:

RSG 3.5
    Garegga 3
    Ikaruga 2.5

It may have to be RSG just to try, seems to create a lot of love/hate opininions - a lot of money but it can be sold on for no loss I guess.

Comment

Ikaruga seems to be getting just as expensive

Comment

Download it its only 17mb.

Comment

I'd say Garegga if you want a proper 2D blast-everything-in-sight, beautifully designed, lovely sounding vert with great ship options, created by some very tallented people who went on to great things, and inspired Tsuneki Ikeda and friends to create the danmaku genre. Its certainly Raizing at their best.

I adore Ikaruga as well. If you would prefer a greater challenge, newer visuals, Treasure presentation and ingenius shield/bullet absorbing and chain systems, get this instead.

Both of the above should be your first choices if you have a rotatable TV.

RSG is amazing. A great game that pushes the Saturn and so much crammed in gameplay wise, but, anyone who claims its the best STG ever has either 1) believed the hype, assumed more is better and ignored some better examples or 2) they've actually put more hours into it than you would an RPG - learnt the game, learnt the weapons, learnt the chaining and the rewards are worthy of such a claim.

Comment

That was a perfectly executed speech

Comment

Forget the rest and just get Souky (have I said this is the best shooter ever made) Bar that, get RSG if only becasue its the best showcase you'll ever play and a shooter you play for years to come , not becase its the best (its way off) but becasue overall its a Experience with the most perfect sound track you could wise to hear

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Forget the rest and just get Souky (have I said this is the best shooter ever made) Bar that, get RSG if only becasue its the best showcase you'll ever play and a shooter you play for years to come , not becase its the best (its way off) but becasue overall its a Experience with the most perfect sound track you could wise to hear
                I've got Souky!

And I agree........almost, I could not say from Souky or R-Type (PCE) which was the best...

Comment

Originally posted by Max P. View Post
                  I've got

almost, I could not say from Souky or R-Type (PCE) which was the best...
                  Oh I could . Noone makes a better shooter than RAIZING and SOUKY is the best of the best .

I'm gald you got the game btw

Comment

I found RSG too hard to get into aswell, although I probably should have given it more time.

Comment

It's always a goddamned shooter that drags me in.

Save yourself the pain and just buy whichever Taito Legends compilation has Gun Frontier. Ikaruga is a puzzle game, RSG is never going to be worth what it costs, and Garegga has massive difficulty issues that its spiritual predecessor (Gun Frontier) doesn't.

Comment

souky suprised me actually i did not expect it to be that good as i had heard very little about it before i got it

radiant silver gun i really liked....but its not worth the money i think

ikaruga i was addicted to but in the end i started to view it less of a shooter and more of a puzzle game trying to chain stuff together

Comment

So what did you go for Max P?

Comment

Ahh, nothing yet.....keeping my eye on RSG probably - I think I owe it to myself to at least try it and see or I will never know what I am missing (or not!).

Comment

Garegga & Ikaruga you can get for the same price?
                              RSG you can do when you rinse the other two

Comment

RSG. It's the reason, along with Souky, that I still have my Saturn. And for those of you who may be thinking I'm a cretin for not keeping my Saturn for Garegga, Dodonpachi, Layer Section and the like, I have a modded Xbox for those

Comment

Working...
                                X