Halo 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ascender View Post
    I'd say its just as good as Gears, but in a different way. Its difficult to compare games to one another on graphics alone and a bit pointless unless they're identical games on different platforms maybe.
    Good point, hard to comapre the two as both games have a different look and feel to their game world. The graphics probably could be better but as they are now they are still very good.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
      I've started playing this on Heroic level, **** me if it isnt hard as nails. I keep dying muliple times on each section. The AI seems to have increased since I last played Halo2. I was a but meh by the graphics but I think Halo 1 and 2 were so advanced for the time it will take A LOT to impress these days (GOW anyone?)

The level design as with every Halo starts off great, Im just waiting a little bit later to see if it goes all samey in the middle like the last 2 were. Oh, and the gravity Hammer is a literal Blast!

Same here heroic for me too before I do a coop legendary run through

I'm finding the cautious approach works best, all guns blazing = a quick death.

Have you noticed the friends list integration when you press Y at the menu, looks like you can get access to friends stats very easily (when they are up that is)

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
        Its difficult to compare games to one another on graphics alone and a bit pointless unless they're identical games on different platforms maybe.
        Well art design is one thing and I'd agree with you on that, though there's nothing wrong with having an opinion on it, but when it comes to technicalities it becomes very easy to make a comparison. Is it smoother? Is it more detailed? Fancier lighting? Higher/lower poly looking? Etc. Etc.

Comment

Apologies if this has been asked already, but when playing in co-op (be it 2, 3 or 4) do you still get cut-scenes etc like you did in Gears? Furthermore can anyone skip them or are you forced to watch them if not everyone has seen them yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
            Apologies if this has been asked already, but when playing in co-op (be it 2, 3 or 4) do you still get cut-scenes etc like you did in Gears? Furthermore can anyone skip them or are you forced to watch them if not everyone has seen them yet?
            Haven't tried co-op yet mate, just going through single player. I would very surprised if you don't get the cut-scenes in co-op though cos the cut scenes are of exceptional quality in this game.

Comment

I'm just hoping the co-op is more like gears than say RS: Vegas, cos in Vegas you don't get ANY cut-scenes in co-op, just the levels, so if you haven't played it before you've no idea what's going on.

Comment

What chapter are you on ??? I read all of this today on my lunch

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                  What chapter are you on ??? I read all of this today on my lunch

Hope you didn't ruin the game for yourself I am on the
                  chapter at the moment though.

Comment

Is it 60fps?

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone View Post
                      Is it 60fps?
                      It's a bit stuttery!! Might just be me Xbox though!!!

Comment

Anyone else get audio cut outs from time to time? Had a couple so far, one on the menu, and one in-game...

Comment

Nope no audio cuts for me, though the 360 does go into super loud mode whenever I play the game

Comment

lol 60fps

and i'm very very upset i only just found out about the argos blunder

Comment

Originally posted by bignige View Post
                              It's a bit stuttery!! Might just be me Xbox though!!!
                              Bit stuttery here too.

Comment

Finding this a hell of a lot more difficult than the previous Halo games!

Comment

Working...
                                X