Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See my posts #1324 and #1326 in this very thread the other day. Otherwise I would Google "mobiles.co.uk feedback" and see what that throws up, I got Phones4U to almost match one of the cheap online deals so went with them in the end.

Comment

Thank, might just go with that deal. I don't really see anyone trying to match it as most other places are giving things (discounts, vouchers, speakers, etc.) along side the phone.

Turns out I used the site a couple years ago when I got the S3.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
        I don't want to spend that much, if at at all possible. I thought I would first try a 4s and see how I got on with it. I am actually rather impressed with the OS after years of anti-apple bias. I feel like the compromises are worth putting up with for the consistencies.

If the nexus brand had good battery life I think that really would be the ideal... I get the impression this has been compromised in order to hit the right price point. It seems to me bizarre that the nexus 5 shares so much with the g2 and yet cripples it's previously impressive battery life. (I think these were the models.)

By the way, if anyone is after a good case/bumper, I happen to think this one is particularly awesome. It's called Walnutt and is especially deep. Only a deep impact from a spiky rock is going to get this sucker:

Apparently the moto g has a good battery life and is garbage free as far as the OS is concerned, not stock though. Can be had for ?99 new as well.

Comment

Ah, how's the camera on it?

I'm happy to report that the battery is proving much better after a few days use. Hit it a fair bit the past couple days and only used 50% battery each time.

I did follow instructions to improve it by reinstalling 7.1 and running down and recharging. Don't know if this helped. What I seem to be finding is that different modes use battery different amounts. E.g data vs calls vs text. With the Samsung it seemed to run down no matter how you used it.

Comment

Just got my daughter a 4s for her birthday. I'll see what she has to say about the battery.

Since my Note 2 got the 4.3 upgrade the battery life has taken a hit. Everyone says the same thing. Only lasts a day now (7 til 11). I arse about on it a fair bit mind but it used to be about 50% better on 4.1 I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Just got my daughter a 4s for her birthday. I'll see what she has to say about the battery.

Since my Note 2 got the 4.3 upgrade the battery life has taken a hit. Everyone says the same thing. Only lasts a day now (7 til 11). I arse about on it a fair bit mind but it used to be about 50% better on 4.1 I reckon.
              I changed my Note 2 for an Iphone 5c last year as I needed the TuGo app and IOS was the most stable version at the time. I may have got lucky but the battery is very decent easily better than my 5 and wasn't even a million miles off when I had my note 2. I would say it seems to last about 2 thirds the time my Note2 did but that phone has a beast of a battery, if definitely the best apple battery I have tried so far including the 5S

Comment

Anybody else with an Iphone 5 on O2 here?

Got a 5c for my work phone this weekend, despite my reservations it would somehow be cheap, as soon as you handle it you realise they don't make cheap phones.

Comment

I just got my Xperia Z2, its a lovely looking phone. I've not tried it out yet, don't want to activate anything till I'm out of contract with the devil (EE).

Took in my iPhone 5 64GB to CEX and its easily a C grade with all four corners scuffed but they offered ?191 as its on EE and their website shows its ?211 on T-mobile... wtf? I got the phone originally from T-mobile then when 4GEE came along I transferred. I don't understand why CEX are offering different prices on EE, Orange or T-mobile locked... they're all the damn same. I literally just want ?195 for it to cover the remainder of my contract with EE but everywhere I check the amount seems to get lower significantly when they find out its on EE -_-

Comment

Well wadda ya know. 7.1.1 bring positive battery life improvements, apparently: http://www.zdnet.com/ios-7-1-1-bring...fe-7000028733/

Comment

My signal has been almost 100% dead since 7.1, it seems to have fixed it. Thank god.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                        I just got my Xperia Z2, its a lovely looking phone. I've not tried it out yet, don't want to activate anything till I'm out of contract with the devil (EE).

Took in my iPhone 5 64GB to CEX and its easily a C grade with all four corners scuffed but they offered ?191 as its on EE and their website shows its ?211 on T-mobile... wtf? I got the phone originally from T-mobile then when 4GEE came along I transferred. I don't understand why CEX are offering different prices on EE, Orange or T-mobile locked... they're all the damn same. I literally just want ?195 for it to cover the remainder of my contract with EE but everywhere I check the amount seems to get lower significantly when they find out its on EE -_-
                        It's because they are absolutely notoriously difficult to get unlock codes from hence why O2 locked prices are very good as they are easy to get

Comment

Makes sense. I was Able to hand it back to EE for ?206. Of course now there's battery improvements but I suspect I was running on a flat battery. 2 hours of life is not some software issue.

Enjoying my Z2 just need to get used to it I think.

Comment

Anyone tried installing Cyanogen on their phone? There isn't direct support for my Ace II, but there are a few split code repos that seem to be stable. Wondering if I should give it a go. Unfortunately, vodafone still have mine in android 2, so I used the Samsung Kies to upgrade to 4.1 but there's a bug with video recording with leaks memory and requires a reboot 50% of the time Figured I could go to 4.4 Cyanogen. Any advice? Do it, don't etc.

Comment

Check out the threads on XDA Developers Charles, though guessing you've already been there.

I used to install different custom firmwares on my HTC Desire every other week back in the day.

Comment

Like I said, great os that limits battery life to intolerable standards.

Comment

Working...
                                X