X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dc-arena View Post
    How much did it cost to unlock it?
    Nothing. Tesco told me that because the phone had seen over ?30 worth of credit it was eligable for unlocking. I bought the phone second hand with just over ?6 of credit on it.

Comment

Still no K850i for me, came yesterday but I wasnt in, so literally sitting by the door all afternoon waiting for this badboy!

Comment

K850i GET!!!!

Its gorgeous! Looks so good, just charging the now and waiting for them to activate my new SIM then I can start mucking about with it all.

Mate in uni hd this class Siny City theme on his that changes between backgrounds, was very cool, anyone know where I can get it from without having to wait until next week so he can bluetooth me it!?

Comment

So for those that have the k850i, have you had many/any problems yet? Some have been reported.

I was quite impressed, as I only really use my phone for phonecalls, sms and photo taking, so it was fine for me. However, the photos were a lot slower to save than on my k800i, dunno if it'd be quicker with a memory card or what.

Comment

I'm loving this phone, its a true gem!

Everything about it is just so slick and classy. Took me a while to get used to the menus and the different button layout and of course touchscreen but its second nature now. The screen flipping thing for viewing images is rather cool but kinda **** you cant do it when on the internet as I browse the web alot on my phone and like to switch between portrait and landscape alot so having to do it manually when the technology is in the phone is rather annoying!

Camera is ace, BUT and its a very big thing, the flash is broken, doesnt go at the correct time, too early so its missed when the shot is taken and the scene is back to dark, I read this was a problem in a review a while back but forgot about it and never thought anything of it since but seems to still be a problem and hopefully they can fix it with a new firmware sooner rather than later!! Anyone else having the same experience? Should be the same across the board, although sometimes the flash has went off correctly for me, just seems very tempermental.

Anyway, moving on to VIDEO!! Its still the low quality rubbish from before but I believe the framerate is now 30fps!! And it shows, its amazingly better somehow, everything is so smooth and seems sharper too! Just tried another video there as I type this just panning around the room zooming in and out and its astonishing how much better it is considering the resolution is still the same and the sound quality on recorded video is AMAZING too, picks it up so well and is clear and loud on playback.

Thats all I can think of so far, give a bit more impressions of the camera tomorrow when its actually bright enough to take pictures since the flash is borked!

Comment

Yeah can you give me some detailed info on how quick it is to save a photo etc.? Cheers. The images are obv. higher resolution than my k800i and the colours are less washed out, so I'm very interested... can't see anything on the horizon to surpass it either. N95 takes unrealistic photos and the Viewty is all smeary and grey. Seems to be the same for the forthcoming Samsung 5mp as well.

Comment

Rossco im assuming you are talking about the K850i, in which case is it me or does the phone take ages to save a picture after it has been taken? Also navigating through teh camra options wit ha photo is SO freakin slow.......

Still cant find the option to have the phone give off a beep when you miss a call or recieve a message and not viewed it yet

Also you can't edit the vibration feature which is criminal............

Comment

Anyone picked up the iphone then? Officially released 10 minutes ago.

I'm tempted...but it's too expensive.

Comment

Wow. Our "incredible" staff offer on it is £70 off the initial £269 (not even reduced at POS, done via chequeback) and no change to the contracts on offer. I might *just* be able to hold myself back...

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                      Rossco im assuming you are talking about the K850i, in which case is it me or does the phone take ages to save a picture after it has been taken? Also navigating through teh camra options wit ha photo is SO freakin slow.......

Still cant find the option to have the phone give off a beep when you miss a call or recieve a message and not viewed it yet

Also you can't edit the vibration feature which is criminal............

Wasn't just the one I tried in the shop then. Rubbish.

Comment

Can't believe how many people are queuing up for them. Showed it on the news just. Lot of them saying they're going to unlock them as well.... So why not just get one off ebay months ago?!?

Comment

Saving pictures is VERY slow as it viewing them takes an age to load them to full sharpness. Its awful, there better be a firmware update soon.

And also, the vibration is alot weaker than K800i, just checked there with both of them in my hand and the K800i really pulses through your hand where as the K850i just kinda tickles it. I can see myself missing a fair few txts or calls now.

Ragarding my previous complaint about taking pictures in dark with flash, its not so bad if you just press the shoot button on the screen instead of the actual physical button on top. Works 90% of the time with the flash going at the correct time, but still needs fixing.

Comment

It's crap that the phone with the best camera is still the k800i.

Comment

Actually, just looked at the review of the G800 and its camera is very impressive. Optical zoom and anti-shake make it triumph, but what you really notice is the detail. Compared to the N95 it blows it out of the water.

The only downside is that its pics are very noisy. However, I can put up with noise a lot more than I can detail loss/smearing, and it is so remarkably better in the sharpness department... plus the majority of phone snaps I take are during the day, and the k800i isn't exactly a wonderful performer at night, with odd artefacts and stuff. Hmm, very interesting.

Comment

I queued up at the Brum Apple store for an iPhone, such a lovely piece of kit. The web browsing is top notch as is the iPod functionality. Activation was a breeze and already have my email, music, and videos synched up. Well worth the money I say!

Comment

Working...
                                X