Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a 5s and an iPad air, but I rarely use the air as it's usually in the work bad, so the big iphone is kind of intermediate between a phone and the lovely iPad mini.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      I've got a 5s and an iPad air, but I rarely use the air as it's usually in the work bad, so the big iphone is kind of intermediate between a phone and the lovely iPad mini.
      I can totally understand going from a 5s to a 6Plus if you have an iPad Air.

But owning an 6Plus if you have an iPad Mini (Arguably the best iPad available) makes very little sense to me. In fact, owning any "Phablet" device when you have already have a bonafide Tablet makes very little sense.

Comment

Some of these plus tariffs are ridiculous...

Comment

Here's something else I found interesting re: the iPhone 6 Plus and it's screen res: link.

I've had all of the 'pre-order now!' guff from my network and Apple this morning but I really feel in no rush at this point. Although I'm pretty much set on the regular handset, I'd still like to hold the two in my hand so that I know what I'm getting into. Besides, the wait's been going on long enough, another week or two isn't going to kill me.

Comment

Did anyone order one today?
            i hovered but didn't bother- I know I will though.

Comment

Yeah I ordered the Plus

Comment

The Xperia Z3 and new IPhone do look rather similar.

Comment

Just phone or good tariff?

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                    Some of these plus tariffs are ridiculous...
                    It is an Apple product, you're not supposed to be focusing on the price.

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
                      Just phone or good tariff?
                      Just the phone, I'll be using my Three Sim only deal for the time being.

Comment

I'll be getting a plus model. I've got an iPad Mini but just a wifi version that I sometimes bring with me to work but given I almost never use a bag here it mostly never leaves the house.

I've been road testing a Nokia 1520 for the past few months and whilst it's 6" girth is too big it's made me realise 5.5" is the sweet spot for me. The best of a tablet in a phone and to me that precisely what a phablet size device should be. I'm also about to move house and have an hour commute each way on the train so a smaller device than my iPad makes sense.

The deciding factor is here virgin are offering 2Gb of additional data for people who upgrade, so price wise it's actually no difference than my current iPhone 5 plan even going for the 128Gb model.

So done deal. They are pricey phones and the iPhone 6 is actually 3x the price of the Nokia 1520 which is quite honestly insane, but on a plan for 24 months it's not an issue.
                        Last edited by charlesr; 14-09-2014, 08:46.

Comment

Ugh. Thought I'd managed to sort out an iPhone 6 in the most hassle-free way, but it's all backfired magnificently and is instead causing me a massive pain in the ass. Anyone come across any particularly decent deals for the phone, or are the network plans much of a muchness right now? Ideally I would like to tell EE to stick the phone up their arses.

Comment

Queues at Apple stores across the are stretching around the block as fans wait patiently for iPhone 6 to go on sale. We'll have all the updates as they happen

LOOK AT THIS GUY.

HE BOUGHT A THING!

6 years on and people still care this much.

Comment

It's astonishing isn't it. The iPhone was a standout product in the late noughties, but the fascination that its launches still attract in the press is surprising. It's just another phone now.

The people who camp outside the stores for days to get one, I just don't even know what that's about.

Comment

The prices are seriously stupid at the moment. On my current contract o2 wanted me to pay a larger up front fee than if I was to buy it outright.

I think give it a couple weeks/months and prices should recline. I don't remember the prices of the last few being so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X