Seen any good Kung-Fu flicks of late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good review there, QC.

I haven't watched much recently, but I paid for 4 custom subtitled projects last night. Toby Russell has arranged it all, and among the titles is Casanova Wong's The Woman Blacksmith, which I've wanted to see for ages. I've also got a shed load of original posters in the pipeline, including 8 Diagram Pole Fighter and The Chinese Boxer.

Comment

Managed to catch Ip Man 3 3D tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I would echo a lot of QCs comments about the film. I was really impressed with a lot of the camera work and staging in the film. A few classic Kung fu movie tropes and some cracking alternate POV stuff too. I was especially impressed with the scene that starts in the lift.
      Also I don't know why but the 3D was flawless for once. Never noticed any crosstalk at all.

Well worth a watch if it's on at a cinema near you.

Cineworld only have it at one cinema in Scotland FFS! And Vue only around the Londonshire area. There was a trailer for the third God Of Gamblers film at tonight's screening. No doubt that will be a limited release as well.
      Last edited by CMcK; 26-01-2016, 23:08.

Comment

Nice!

It's one of the few films that make the most of the 3D feature rather than just a post-production process.
        Only Avatar, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Resident Evil: Afterlife spring to mind as films that use 3D well.

Shame Ip Man 3 is only showing in a few places, but that's why I wanted to see it at the cinema to show there's an interest in films other than the mainstream, especially a good kung fu flick!

Comment

Comment

I like the post full of knives.

Got a shed load of new posters this week, including Fist to Fist, the Angry Guest and Chinese Boxer. I should open a gallery and let you guys visit it, perusing the artwork while sipping tea.

Comment

I watched Eastern Condors last night and it still kicks ass.

It's more brutal than I remember! There's a high death toll and one guy gets a knife to the gooch. That'll smart!

Comment

Good choice. I haven't watched that for years. Still only have it on Laserdisc!

Comment

The final master looks epic. I watched a film called 'The Master' it was about the dude who started Choy Li Fut - it was very lame. Avoid.

Comment

Poster arrivals:

The Cave of Silken Web (Shaw Bros)
                    The Clutch of Power (Goldig)
                    Bruce Lee the Star of All Stars (Hong Kong Alpha Motion Picture Co)
                    Bronze Head and Steel Arm (Dunno, but it's 1972 and from Taiwan)

Comment

I watched Wheels on Meals for the first time in ages last week. That fight with Benny "The Jet" Urquidez is still immense.

This looks interesting, although the spiel is very bold!
                      "2016 promises the birth of a new kung fu superstar. Faster. Stronger. Tougher. No visual effects, no camera tricks, no stuntmen. The art of kung fu will be revolutionized. Bones will be snapped. Blood will be spilled. A new Bruce Lee is coming..."

Comment

Looks class. Love the kick through the windscreen!

Comment

Best Kung Fu movie in 20 years? LOL

Comment

Watched Big Boss of Shanghai again to celebrate getting the poster. Great film. Chen Kuan Tai is really in top form, and some crisp camerawork ensures that there’s plenty of interesting action.

Comment

I watched Close Range last night, starring Scott Adkins and directed by Isaac Florentine (Undisputed).

It's pretty good, actually. Fairly cheaply made, but makes the most of its budget.
                              Some nice action sequences (obviously), and this one appears a mere 2 minutes into the run time!
                              Check out the lovely long shot that lasts for aaaages before it cuts:

Comment

It’s cheese ramped up to 11, but this is one of my fav scenes from revenge of the ninja

Comment

Working...
                                X