Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I've been trying to find this game for years. It's either on the Turbo Grafix or Sega Genesis. Ain't played it since I was about 10 I think so dont remember much.

You play as a ninja. It's sidescrolling back and forth and looks like an anicent Japan. There are some levels where you go underground and there are robots and things down there too.

The thing I do remember is at the end of each level a Rainbow would appear that would take you to the next stage. Any ideas?

Comment

Ninja Spirit? No, surely not.

Samurai Ghost?

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
        The thing I do remember is at the end of each level a Rainbow would appear that would take you to the next stage. Any ideas?
        Ah, it could be one of those two Namco games that were on the PC Engine. Bloody awful graphics on the first game. They have a really odd name begining with S as far as I can remember. If no one else canhelp I'll dig up mu copies since I own both the card and CD follow up.

Yakumo

Comment

Looking at those two you suggested, I don't think it was, although it could very well be. The game also had huts that you were able to access in the background. There were also huge robots you fight down in some underground areas as well if that helps.

Thanks for the help so far you guys. Do those ones you've said definately have a rainbow that beams you up at the end of each stage? I'm sure not many games had that feature at the end of a level that involved ninjas :P.

Comment

Tales of the monsterpath?
            Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Son son II?
            I splitted sonson2 video in 8 parts while ago due to 10 minutes limit.Here is whole thing in one piece.It is same as the 8-parts video.

Comment

Unfortunately not either of those It wasn't that cartoon-y. It was more bad-ass ninja character.

Comment

I'm going gto break out the PC Engine tonight and have a look for you. Was this a card/cart game or on CD?

Yakumo

Comment

This is really annoying me still.

Comment

I'm trying to find this Amiga game:

It's a 2p versus top-down view space shooter. There are about 8 alien spacecrafts and each player picks half the crafts. The gameplay controls like asteroids and you pick one ship to dual with the opposition ship.

Each ship has a standard fire and a special move e.g. one ship self distructs taking out the opposition, the earth ship has a beam attack, and one black ship has drones which launches to attack the opposition (the player who picks this usually wins).

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Profit View Post
                      I'm trying to find this Amiga game:

It's a 2p versus top-down view space shooter. There are about 8 alien spacecrafts and each player picks half the crafts. The gameplay controls like asteroids and you pick one ship to dual with the opposition ship.

Each ship has a standard fire and a special move e.g. one ship self distructs taking out the opposition, the earth ship has a beam attack, and one black ship has drones which launches to attack the opposition (the player who picks this usually wins).

Thanks.
                      That sounds pretty much like Star Control (Star Control: Famous Battles of the Ur-Quan Conflict, Volume IV to give it it's full title ).

Came out for the PC and Megadrive as well, I had it on megadrive and loved it at the time.

Comment

OK, I've been trying to find this game for years. It's either on the Turbo Grafix or Sega Genesis. Ain't played it since I was about 10 I think so dont remember much.

You play as a ninja. It's sidescrolling back and forth and looks like an anicent Japan. There are some levels where you go underground and there are robots and things down there too.

Majin Eiyuden Wataru?

Genpeitomaden?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelli0n View Post
                          That sounds pretty much like Star Control (Star Control: Famous Battles of the Ur-Quan Conflict, Volume IV to give it it's full title ).
                          That's it. Thanks!

Comment

Probably a really easy one, this, but I remember playing this overhead view boxing game in a Withernsea caravan site arcade in 1991. Its main notable feature was a trackball control, which worked very well and was ace, though it gave you these painful blisters if you spent a prolonged time playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                              Probably a really easy one, this, but I remember playing this overhead view boxing game in a Withernsea caravan site arcade in 1991. Its main notable feature was a trackball control, which worked very well and was ace, though it gave you these painful blisters if you spent a prolonged time playing it.
                              That would be Pound for Pound by Irem

Last edited by NemesiS; 16-04-2008, 08:34.

Comment

It's not Ninja Warriors is it. You fought robots in that and went in and out of buildings though i don't remember a rainbow at the end of each level. Just the kick ass music

Comment

Working...
                                X