X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooohp... Black kid in backwards cap!

(See 8:36)

Comment

These things always age better in your head don't they. Although how could I have forgotten 2:18 ()

Comment

This thread hasn't been used in a while!

I'm trying to remember a PC game from the late 90s. I'm pretty sure backgrounds were pre rendered with a 3D character to move around. I remember you could set your mood or something between happy, angry and annoyed/grumpy and that changed how you interacted with objects/people. For example, I vaguely remember going up to a bowl of water when happy and the guy washes his face and if you change it to grumpy he splashes the water out.

Other than that, I don't remember much. Everything was yellowish, so maybe it was set in a desert or something? I'm pretty sure you start off in a fort or something because I also remember attacking a friendly guard and then getting killed. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I'll try and remember more...

Comment

Still looking for this, still haven't found anything...

Comment

Was it a Point and Click game?

Comment

To be honest I can't remember. I'm pretty sure it was, but I can't be sure.

Comment

Little Big Adventure maybe?

Comment

Arcade game of the 80's where you were a handglider and had to land on colourful Islands for point. Anyone?

Googled my question and finally found it! Fast Freddy

You are Fast Freddie, the worlds greatest hang glider. You quest for extreme hang gliding brings you all over the world from treacherous forests, the open se...

Comment

Originally posted by MiG View Post
                    Little Big Adventure maybe?
                    Thanks for the suggestion, but I checked it out and its not that. Same idea though, setting your behaviour as agressive, happy or something else... It may not have been a point and click at all.

It's driving me mad! I'm pretty sure the game starts with you waking up in bed, maybe with your wife next to you? I think it's in some sort of barracks or fort as you get called out by your commander. You then head down to talk with the commander and maybe a blacksmith or something? I remember that is the point where I tried to attack someone in the fort and a guard (or maybe the commander?) shoots you with a bow and arrow and says "how could you".

The only other thing is that I can remember thinking that the characters looked like the ones in the game 3D Movie Maker. It wasn't a cartoony game at all so maybe that's just what 3D models looked like in the late 90s.

Comment

See the announcements / banners thread for a small game I'm playing about guessing the banner.

Comment

Not quite a 'name that game' request, as I can read the names on the boxes, but I can't find any info on these games after a quick google.

Solar System Forces Series No.1: Solar System Forces

Solar System Forces Series No.3: Operation Maul.

Solar System Forces Series No.4: Commando Team.

I LOVE the boxart, just interested to see some screens or a gameplay video.

Here's the ebay auctions for them, with extra photos.

Last edited by acidbearboy; 20-09-2012, 15:14.

Comment

bit late but...

I checked and they aren't in the TOSEC tape set for the M5.
                          You can see some of the known JP releases here - and some tiny screenshots/descriptions for a few cart games. The wiki has them listed as "Simulation games" so it's likely that the covers are more fun than the games themselves

Comment

Cheers, never even heard of the Sord M5 before. Would only have been buying for the boxart even if I had have bid.

Comment

Trying to put the name to a game I used to play in the pub in the 1980's & almost got banned because it got to the point I was only buying a pint and putting in 10p and the one game/pint would last all night, I clocked it on at least two occaisions.

Basically a rail maze game in a cocktail cabinet, from what I can remember yellow tracks on a blue background, similar gameplay to this;
                              Railroad puzzle gamehttp://itunes.apple.com/app/railroad-puzzle/id301292271?mt=8

Comment

It wasn't Super Locamotive by Sega, was it?

Comment

Working...
                                X