X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well they

did get deported. Maybe they can have a go in Brum or London or something

Comment

Brett and Jermaine both said a while a go that they really struggled getting together an album's worth of material for Season 2 but this was what they posted on their site.

Bret, Jemaine and James (co-creator/director) said “we’ve noticed the less we say about the future of the show, the more people want to talk about it, so in an effort to reverse this trend we are today announcing that we won’t be returning for a 3rd season. We’re very proud of the two seasons we made and we like the way the show ended. We’d like to thank everyone who helped make the show and also everyone who watched it. While the characters Bret and Jemaine will no longer be around, the real Bret and Jemaine will continue to exist.
      Bret, Jemaine and James (co-creator/director) said “we’ve noticed the less we say about the future of the show, the more people want to talk about it, so in an effort to reverse this trend we are today announcing that we won’t be returning for a 3rd season. We’re very proud of the two seasons we …

Comment

Originally posted by figflair View Post
        Is there any reason for no series 3?
        The songs in season 1 were crafted over a very long time and adapted for the show. Season 2's songs were all written intensively for that season.

Comment

This is sad news. Yes, S2 was a big drop from the huge highs of S1, but take a year or two away and write some new material, then make a most triumphant return.

It's a shame. Songs were great, characters were likeable, and Murray was the best comedy creation I've seen in a long time. I'd pay money to listen to that guy read a shopping list.

Comment

Don't buy his DVD , he is a terrible standup

Comment

Managed to get tickets to their Manc appearance in a few weekd. They're bringing Mel! (Kristen Schaal)

Comment

Me too, may 12th for me. Can't wait

Comment

Just got back from them it was today, not the 12th!

I was in hysterics throughout, Icould of happily listened to them just wittering on all night. My face aches from laughing at the finale.

no Kristin Schaal tonight, they brought along Eugene Miriman instead (eugene the landlord) he was actually very funny with his routine.

Comment

You were at the same Manc one as me then? I liked Eugene's vid:

Campaigner: It's right by your office?
                    Eugene: My office that's in Brooklyn?
                    Campaigner: I... ugh..
                    Eugene: You got a fact wrong, zing!

Jermaine loved that running joke about stabbing too. The Sugarlumps outro was awesome. Weirdly went to St Anne's Sq Starbucks before the show and Bret was beside me in the queue

Comment

That's awesome, makes me wish I like coffee more!
                      His Zinging was funny.

The crowd was pretty rowdy, he dealth with fishlips very well, I was wetting myself when he was going on about his salty lips.
                      "He has tasted my salty lips, I was asleep"

Sugarlumps was hilarious, I will admit I was yearning for them to perform BOOM as I could see the Casio DG20 Electric Guitar on stage.

PUT THIS ON YOUTUBE!
                      Last edited by EvilBoris; 09-05-2010, 14:05.

Comment

It was a shame there was a couple of major tracks they skipped but it was surprising how quickly the whole thing was, they did loads of tracks but it was easy to get carried away as they zipped through them.

The Starbucks thing made up for not being able to get any pics. I was on the end of Row Z which was right beside the security guys who were being way over zealous with the camera hunting.

Comment

After a three year break Flight of the Conchords reform for a NZ Charity Single. The video is brilliantly set up like the show was and features some fun nods to Bret's success with The Muppets.

The pair are also working on the idea of a FotC film.

Comment

HBO programming president Casey Bloys has confirmed that Kiwi musical comedians Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement are returning to the network this May with an hour-long “Flight of the Conchords” comedy special. Set to be taped before a live sold-out audience during their United Kingdom tour, the presentation will feature the duo performing their classics […]

Sadly not Season 3 news but in May HBO will be airing an hour long special where the pair will perform old and new songs recorded as part of the UK tour they're on

Comment

With the Television Critics Association summer press tour getting underway this week, HBO was one of the earliest out of the gate with its president Casey Bloys answering multiple questions and making several announcements in regards to the network. On top of the already reported on “Deadwood” greenlight and “Game of Thrones” talk, it has […]

HBO will release the Live at the Apollo special on 06 October

Comment

Working...
                              X