No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK guild...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said, you never know. I just need the right circumstances to come together to nudge me into the BG. I'm thinking some sort of planetary alignment + lunar eclipse should do the trick.

Perhaps if I hit 39 when you're all still there I might come along for the ride.

Comment

Well lucky last night, managed to find an enchanter that was doing +12 int on bracers and +10 spell damage on gloves for 5g each. So now I can't afford my mount again. ; ;

Also more fun on the PvP side. Warsong Gulch (CTF) is usually the place to find the best competition, and last night concreted that. We seemed to have four matches one after the other with the exact same squad (probably a PvP static) which meant we had to change our gameplan each time as they seemed to be pretty much on the ball with each group having a dedicated healer and actually seemed to be using some solid field tactics...

Anyways, long story short they were good - and probably the best team I've played against. Their Paladin was an absolute powerhouse and it was him that would come for the flag each and everytime - taking him down required 3/4 of us nuking him to hell, as on top of his pimped armour he certainly knew how to play his job well with perfectly timed shield spells + self cures etc. What struck me was that killing him each time turned into a higher priority than actually defending the flag he was coming for. lol. It's funny how you'd never expect a meat-shield job role to work on real human players when they should know better, it's not like he has any abilities that mean we can ONLY attack him or anything.

We lost two and won two anyway so GG to everyone on both sides (for a change).
      Last edited by dataDave; 04-07-2007, 15:45.

Comment

wtf. Back into BG(49), shadow bolts taking off between 0 and 300 a hit, less than what they were 10 lvls ago. ; ; Left a match with a massive two kills last night. ace. I don't get it, I'm sacrificing all my stamina for mgk dmg+, int, crit+ etc.

Also, Alliance rats on Horde side now. It's shocking what Alliance will do for wins (I suppose it's the natural thing to do when, out of around 500+ matches, I only remember them winning 3 or 4 times).

Me: http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...stlands&n=Vona

My BG arch-nemesis: http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...ggar&n=Shiamhe

Absolutely gimped (still in 39BG gear) and still caning me. wtf? Something's not right somewhere.

---

Had my personal enchanter fly in for crisis talks at tea-time, just 30g later and a couple of new pieces of gear and we have...

1634 Soul Burn crit (almost 1 shotted Shiamhe, finished off instantly after with Shadowburn). Back on form and then some. I will sleep tonight.
        Last edited by dataDave; 25-07-2007, 02:30.

Comment

Join thousands of mighty heroes in Azeroth, a world of magic and limitless adventure.

Time for kick-off!! I've had enough of those short-term, honour point infringing opportunists. No.45 man, I hope you like BG.

Comment

I might get booted off that forum for being a little offensive. lol. I tried being as tame as possible. ><

Comment

Keep me out of your alliance baiting!

You know what's going to happen anyway... I [might] hit 49 before the beginning of next week, then I go on holiday, and when I get back you're all in the 59 BG. >_<

It's not offensive anyway - it's all in the spirit of the game. Alliance and Horde aren't really supposed to get along you know. ^_^

Comment

I'll be 49 for ages yet mate, I swear. I'm not leaving until we're spawn camping that lot.

At the moment it's a shambles... enter a BG and everyone thinks you're up against standard alliance idiots and it's fine to just run in and own. No one buffs others, heal others or anything, after me passing out healthstones. No one even bothers attempting to take out the healers 1st ffs and then they wonder why they're invincible and blame it on twinkedness (eventhough they only have average gear).
                Last edited by dataDave; 30-07-2007, 10:43.

Comment

Keep talking it up... you've definitely got me interested. Not sure how I'll get along as shadow though, seems as though it's not that highly thought of for PvP at the moment (At least at 70). We'll see.

Comment

Depending on how much time you plan to spend in PvP it might be worth switching to another talent spec and then changing back later.

If it wasn't for my gear Destruction would be hard work for PvE. When I hit 50 I'm changing back to Demonology for Felguard, and then back to Destruction at 70 if I bypass 59BG (which is the plan).

Changing talent specs reverts back to 5g after one month.

Shadow priest named Styks on Alliance side, doesn't really do much apart from make me cast Shadow Ward on myself before she gets decked. ;/

Give Shadow a bash first anyway and see how you fare.

I'm pretty sure if five of us guildies stick together, Me(Warlock), Maimbite(Shaman), Terrorbella(Rogue), A.Nora(Warrior), you(priest), just the five of us could zerg their hot-spots and let the randoms deal with disrupting the others. We could really be doing with a couple of Paladins our lvl. :/
                    Last edited by dataDave; 30-07-2007, 12:14.

Comment

I'm definitely going to stick with Shadow if I can - I had planned to stay that way right to 70 then respec then if needed (Though it seems shadow is more in demand at a higher level than holy - go figure!).

You'll have to keep an eye out for the right unguilded players while you're in the BGs - yoink them into the guild.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                        You'll have to keep an eye out for the right unguilded players while you're in the BGs - yoink them into the guild.
                        I'm trying my best. Me and Beefstew hooked a lv.43 hunter into our party last night (the only other BGer in our realm at the time), not the best of pickups but at least we stuck together. lol

I'm going to start shouting around Orgrimmar with requests.

It really is too bad you can't switch between different guilds like in FFXI. I'd make a BG guild if that was the case and then switch back to Post for social.

Comment

The original guild (PI/E) is still on Earthen Ring.

Comment

Oh man, I didn't know sorry.

How many of the original crew still play?

Comment

Probably not that many come to think of it. So I wouldn't feel too sad
                              We have a lot of old guys who joined PIE when the NTSC mob did but most peeps you may know have quit.

Join thousands of mighty heroes in Azeroth, a world of magic and limitless adventure.
                              Last edited by yashiro; 03-08-2007, 09:42. Reason: added link

Comment

np pal.

Fairly glad I started up with my gamestation buddies on Ghostlands, you don't get many level 70's as it's a fairly fresh realm I think.

That was one of the downers of joining Seraph on FFXI, on Hydra (360 beta) server you were lucky to see someone wearing much fabled AF, and when you did it was "WOAAWZAZ!!!".

---

In other news I just got my Major Spellpower enchant on my 49 staff! yay!

Comment

Working...
                                X