Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Xbox 360 Import FAQ (by HumanEnergy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a PAL Premium Falcon model. If I bought one of the Japanese Arcade packs from play-asia, would I be ok using that PSU? I'm guessing so but just wanted to check.

Comment

I remember reading some time ago MS were clamping down on foreign accounts, I have a US account because the machine is a US NTSC one and I plan to buy rock band which isnt region free, will the songs (& any other DLC for games) from the UK marketplace work or do I need to get the US ones? also anyone been banned for a US account yet, I was speaking to someone who had an italian ID in the UK who was alledgedly banned but I wanted to hear from the peeps in the know as this is NTSC UK after all!

Thanks

Comment

No - you should be alright with a US account and copy of Rock Band. The only stuff that's locked out is the video marketplace. If this italian person was banned, it was most likely something else they did that broke the rules.

You could ask a question in the open forum, as it's quite specific. I'm sure there are people out there in your situation.

Comment

Thank you Pat, I will do! I am not sure on his reason for a ban but there was some news article I saw once a while back on Microsoft frowning on US & JP accounts so the last thing I need is a ban

Comment

Ok bit of a quandry here, using an older TV for the 360, it can run colour through an RGB lead, and did so with american ps2 games running through a pal ps2.

Ok so now I have an NTSC 360, i have bought the RGB advanced scart lead but now I get a green tinge similar to what happens on ps2/3 when trying to run a blu ray.

I think I know what the phenomenon is but not how to solve it.
            Any help would be appreciated please!

Comment

Like you say, it sounds like the console is in YPbPr mode and consequently only sending the green signal through the scart lead. This is difficult to solve, as there isn't an option to switch to RGB scart mode, like on PS2. I take it there are no physical switched along the length of the cable (like some 3rd party cables do)?

You could try this:

Originally posted by Microsoft Knowledge Base
              To reset the display settings of the Xbox 360 console to the default settings, follow these steps:

Remove any discs from the disc tray.

Turn the console off.

Turn the console on.

Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left quadrant light illuminated.

4. As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time.

The Xbox Dashboard resets the display settings to the default settings, and then automatically restarts the console.
              I've seen people recommend this in the past, but I'm not sure I've ever heard a success story.

Comment

Thank you Pat again, I will try that soon. I wonder if anyone still read this thread :P

ALso If this doesn't work my next option is a VGA cable, can the VGA cable be used with an NTSC machine?

Comment

VGA is universal so yes.

Comment

Just want to be 100% certain before I buy a 360 Arcade pack from Play-Asia...

Which UK PSU will run it? I have 2 UK Premiums and both 175w and 203w PSU's so which one will definitely run the machine?

Comment

It could be old stock that needs the 203w PSU, then again it might not be... So, to be 100% certain, you really need to ask play-asia since they're the only ones who can actually see the console.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                        It could be old stock that needs the 203w PSU, then again it might not be... So, to be 100% certain, you really need to ask play-asia since they're the only ones who can actually see the console.
                        It's the HDMI model. They only get them back in stock yesterday.

Comment

They should both work. I think all the Japanese Acrade consoles have HDMI and 175w PSU's

I bought one in March and use a 203w UK PSU.

Comment

Hey! fresh member reporting in with an question already.
                            I was considering ordering this from Video Games Plus: XBOX: 360 (60GB) Premium Console with HDMI but before falling for buying a pig in a poke I wanted to ask you guys some questions.

How does the warranty work in Europe? I imagine that once I plug it in and turn the system on I can guess any and all warranty options good bye.

Alternatively if that doesnt happen, I can imagine Microsoft EU giving me a cold shoulder when something happens to the console.

In this case, do I contact Video Games Plus or Microsoft US or should I just throw the system in to the closest lake?

Please be gentle on me, I've tried searching for answers for the whole week

Comment

If you don't already have US games, you may as well stick with the UK machine, since release dates are not an issue with the 360 because MS (to their credit) actively strive to maintain near-simultanious releases. I hugely advocate import consoles usually, but there's not much point with the 360.

Alternatively, a Japanese console is worth considering. Most western games work on Japanese machines (but not vice versa), the Asian versions of a game are usually in English, you get access to the increasing library of Japan-exclusive 360 games like Cave shooters, and they're cheaper. If I ever rebuy a 360, it'll eb Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                                If you don't already have US games, you may as well stick with the UK machine, since release dates are not an issue with the 360 because MS (to their credit) actively strive to maintain near-simultanious releases. I hugely advocate import consoles usually, but there's not much point with the 360.

Alternatively, a Japanese console is worth considering. Most western games work on Japanese machines (but not vice versa), the Asian versions of a game are usually in English, you get access to the increasing library of Japan-exclusive 360 games like Cave shooters, and they're cheaper. If I ever rebuy a 360, it'll eb Japanese.
                                Thanks for the swift response. The reason I'm planning on purchasing US XBOX360 is because most of the games(RPG's) I want for it have sadly been region locked and right now I cant picture them getting released in Europe(Spectral Force 3&Operation Darkness). Now some of you might be going "This guy is nuts, why'd he want those games" :P

About the release date thing for XBOX360 games, I was under the impression M$ isnt all that quick to release certain games in Europe(RPG's especially) and provided I grabbed the japanese XBOX360, all the games I'd be interested(RPG's again) would actually be in Japanese

While my original questions are still left there, I thank you again for answering.

EDIT: I tried to access the recommended list for console and game suppliers in the "Import/Tech" section but seems like my rights arent up to viewing that thread.
                                Last edited by Graus; 12-09-2008, 16:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X