No announcement yet.

FFXI on Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Talizker, I will give MCE a little try, & hope I can get it all installed ok

Comment

Having a pain trying to get file sharing working, for some reason its got all the media detected, it shares the stuff that came with media player but isn't sharing the network drive files.

Gah

Comment

tsing, yeah it may not pick up other drives unless you point it in the right direction... use media player possibly? to add media to your library, then maybe the media centre will pick up on this? Im not 100% on this though, sorry.

Comment

Think I'm going to have a go at getting at least one of the versions I have of FFXI running on Vista now. Was going to create an XP partition but having been messing around with OS installs for the last day and a half I don't really feel like it, and given that my only copy of XP is 32 bit that might not work so well either.

Think I'll do the US version to start with; figuring out Vista support on the Japanese website could take a bit more linguistic graft than I'm up for right now!!

Comment

Got it all installed this afternoon and its working fine. Haven't done any mip tweaking or hacking yet, will have a look at that but the graphics already look good especially on the skies. PS2 controller works fine, I read one a forum that the manufacturer drivers don't work but that the Vista ones are ok. Just configure them in the FFXI settings. You'll have to dig around in the Program Files (x86) directory to find the config application as there are no shortcuts created for it in Vista POL.

Comment

Hey Jake, I've done the MIP and background hack - looks pretty cool. But how would I know if I'm putting too much on the graphics card (before it does it some damage). Not sure if its running slightly hotter with the mods or if its just my imagination - its an Radeon X1950XT in the HIS "super quiet" packaging (which rattles >.>)

Would slow screen updates/jumping give the game away?

Comment

Installing the download playonline software, been wondering why I cannot reactivate ID's or purchase more on the 360 and im sure its due to the account being US and 360 version being UK.

Comment

Yeah, that'll be it - definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by vwilsonuk View Post
                    Yeah, that'll be it - definitely.
                    Unfortunately not

Looks like its to do with not being fully paid up on my mules, as my Credit Card sometime ago expired, when I changed it I only activated my main character.

Need to contact customer support for it I think.

Comment

I'm upgrading my PC this weekend I'll get Vista loaded up now it's working fine with FFXI.

Comment

ahhh BAWS!

I'd just installed this to fire it up again, as some of my mates are playing it, i tried to fire it up and it didnt work.

Now i have to uninstall the ruddy thing, download the new playonline thing and re-install it!

ALL 6 DISKS OF IT!!!!

Comment

Or you could just get the 360 one? :P

Comment

Sod off Andi. Its got to the whole Mastermind level now. "Ive started, so ill finish"

Comment

Working...
                            X