X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Them settings rock, im only in XP but woah my graphics look tops

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
      Here you go mate, working XBCD drivers for Vista http://redcl0ud.1.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=1535
      Turns those nasty triggers into actual buttons.

Got this working on Vista 64-bit Also applied the increased background resolution hack, and the improved mip LOD hack. Looks damn spiffy now.

I dont suppose there is an Idiots guide to this as I have tried multiple times. including screwing Vista Right up! All i Get is pressing my joypad during config in vista for ffxi results in a random button and it not working within game. If someone could please simplify the process of setting this up I would be eternally greatful as im am so sick of the console version....

Thank you!!!

Comment

If anyone can put something together, even at high level, we can stick it on the Rargh website.

Hadn't realised people have it running on Vista now - that would rock so much. Am waiting for my latest card-tart-transfer to come through (any day now, they received the signed form last Saturday) then my order will be placed straight to Scan for the new super machine! It will be running media edition (or premium or whatever-t-f-its-called now).

It will be so cool, and I will be so skint, but that won't matter because I will be able to sit at home and geek which means - I won't spend anything!!

Serious FFXI-withdrawal-symptoms over here.

Little wave to the guys in Warrington btw, was up there yesterday good to see those golden fields are still looking beautiful!

Comment

could someone with vista explained how they got the joypad working correctly please as im still without triggers

Comment

Install the driver linked to above and in the Pad Config change the trigger settings from axis to butttons. Then in FFXI Config assign the buttons to whatever actions you require (likely Macro's).

Comment

What's the 360 controller like, Tal? Were you playing with a PS2 controller originally on your XP install? Have you set up your 360 controller to have the same actions as the 360 version of the game, or the same as the PS2 controller?

Comment

The 360 pad is well... ok, the best thing to say is that you get used to it (the hardest bit is the analogue triggers for macro buttons)! AFAIK there is no driver for the various PS2 pad converters for Vista so the 360 pad was the best option.

I have my 360 button config set up the same as the 360 version of FFXI as I swap between them (360 is main as it seems a teansy-weansy bit more stable) but I think the only differences are the action/cancel buttons.

So to sum it up I would rather have a PS2 pad but can't, but the 360 pad is decent enough once you get used to it

Comment

Ok - thanks for that. My other option on the new box (and what I'd originally thought of doing) is doing the dual boot with XP on the FFXI partitions and Vista on the main one. Are there any advantages to Vista?

Comment

To be honest no, there is no reason to have Vista... unless like me you just want to play with the newest shineyest thing for no real reason...

Also best to check existing devices (camera, mp3 player, printer etc) as a friend just bought a new laptop and every one (I kid you not) of his peripherals doesn't work with Vista ><

Comment

Holy sh!t - that's extreme.

Glad you said that actually as its reminded me the other reason I was going to keep an XP partition, at least one, just for backwards compatability.

Scary.

The Vista bit on my new box is supposed to be the clever shiny bit, and I'm going to go for Premium and get a TV card so I can make use of the media stuff. Ultimately it'll get plugged into a flatscreen TV in the lounge and stored in the cabinet underneath so I don't have to have a separate desk (flat is small).

Comment

Reinstalled XP last night after taking my own advice. There are a few minor issues i've been having with Vista at the moment, nothing serious but why put up with them when you can just use XP. Vista at the moment brings nothing to the table that you can't get with XP...

Comment

You tried the media streaming from XP Tal? Terastation working out well though I could use a way for isolating the low pitched hum it gives out it's kind of anoying but I can live with it.

I've almost burnt my whole CD collection now so looking at how to stream it. Think the Xbox 360 can do some stuff but not sure what, you played with at all?

Holding off Vista for now, reckon I'll have a play when I need it for something.

Comment

You can easily stream music to the 360 for play on the dashboard or in games. The easiest way is using Windows Media Player 11 on the PC. In the Network options you can choose a media directory to share and then as long as the 360 knows about the PC you can select any of the media to play. Very quick and easy to set up and works a treat

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                              You tried the media streaming from XP Tal? Terastation working out well though I could use a way for isolating the low pitched hum it gives out it's kind of anoying but I can live with it.

I've almost burnt my whole CD collection now so looking at how to stream it. Think the Xbox 360 can do some stuff but not sure what, you played with at all?

Holding off Vista for now, reckon I'll have a play when I need it for something.

I did configure media centre in vista with the 360 and its very swish, but my router isnt fast enough to stream movie & tv

I dont have the option to go back to a normal xp, so have to get myself the media centre version, are their any know issues with ffxi and mce xp?

Comment

I run XP MCE2005 and all is well

Comment

Working...
                                X