No announcement yet.

"Arcade Perfect"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilariously, when I first played Virtua Fighter on the Saturn I 'remembered' it as being arcade perfect but now if I play it I realise how ridiculous that is Flickering into nothingness replays are brilliant! Still love the game though

Comment

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Killer Instinct. The SNES port was damn close to the arcade, surprisingly so in fact given the difference in hardware, and although I can't remember for sure I'm fairly certain the N64 port should have been 'arcade perfect' as it was developed for the N64 hardware, amirite?

Not a great game admittedly but one that will always be remembered for those C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER moments

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
        I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Killer Instinct. The SNES port was damn close to the arcade, surprisingly so in fact given the difference in hardware, and although I can't remember for sure I'm fairly certain the N64 port should have been 'arcade perfect' as it was developed for the N64 hardware, amirite?

Not a great game admittedly but one that will always be remembered for those C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER moments

The Snes port was miles off the Arcade in terms of graphics , In fact I never thought the Snes version looked that hot .
        KI inthe arcades was never using N64 hardware that was bullsh8t from NCL, The N64 port was pretty close though, with at the time amazing graphics . I have the Mame version on my X-Box and have to say that the Arcade versions still looks pretty impressive.

Comment

"Arcade perfect" ports only really became a reality with the advent of the Dreamcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
            "Arcade perfect" ports only really became a reality with the advent of the Dreamcast.
            I think the Neo Geo beat the DC to it , and to be fair there were a lot of perfect ports to the Saturn , more so with the Capcom fighters

Comment

For 2D games, yeah.

Comment

I'd agree with the dreamcast being the first machine for regular arcade perfect ports. Even today a lot of the ports stand head and shoulders above other systems, even if they are not based on games running on the naiomi board.
                Obviously neo geo is arcade perfect but they are not ports, as they are the same as the arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by babs View Post
                  Now I think about it, the PC Engine was probably the first machine which had versions I really couldn't tell apart. New Zealand Story
                  The Speccy version of NZS is nearer to the arcade original than the PC Engine one. NZS on the PC Engine is dire...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    The Snes port was miles off the Arcade in terms of graphics , In fact I never thought the Snes version looked that hot .
                    KI inthe arcades was never using N64 hardware that was bullsh8t from NCL, The N64 port was pretty close though, with at the time amazing graphics . I have the Mame version on my X-Box and have to say that the Arcade versions still looks pretty impressive.
                    How I loved the Ultra64 logo on the arcade machine

Comment

Gawd do i remember this!
                      Esp when it came to Double dragon on the SMS and then Stryder on the Megadrive..

but lets face it Dreamcast is the only perfect port overs.
                      Last edited by Radirgyman; 19-03-2007, 11:27.

Comment

Dreamcast is effectively an arcade cabinet crammed into a little box though and I love it for it, infact main appeal of the Dreamcast was the arcade perfect home ports.

I still generally prefer arcade games for alot of genres to much deeper but less perfect designed 20+ hour adventure games etc.

Comment

Super Street Fighter II Turbo X on 3DO. It was actually arcade perfect. The SNES SF2 claimed to be and it was close enough to keep me happy but 3do had the power to do the real deal. Shame the pad was retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                            Super Street Fighter II Turbo X on 3DO. It was actually arcade perfect. The SNES SF2 claimed to be and it was close enough to keep me happy but 3do had the power to do the real deal. Shame the pad was retarded.
                            It was close, but was missing frames and some of the paralax layers in the background

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                              It was close, but was missing frames and some of the paralax layers in the background
                              And feet in the grass, amirite?

Comment

The Saturn version of OutRun is very, very close to the arcade game. I'm sure there are minute graphical differences, but the timing is perfect. I can switch between the two without having to adapt my driving in the least (except for the controls, of course).

Comment

Working...
                                X