No announcement yet.

The most aesthetically pleasing cartridge size and shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, the range of colours of the Famicom carts is pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Baggie View Post
      I had a guess, but I'm still not sure if it's correct.
      No it's right, great word. I can never spell achievement* properly.

*that's correct because Firefox spell checked it for me! lol.

Comment

Not much love for the N64 here huh? I always thought they looked the most pleasing. The curved top took away that boxy feel of most older carts and complemented the shape of the machine very well.

Comment

Tbh i dont have a favorite, but i thought it was worth mentioning that Metal gear on the gbc is very attractive as far as carts go. (its translusent, for those who dont know)

Comment

This has got to be the saddest thread ever yet I still can't resist reading it

Personally I like the SFC carts but my fave of all must be the Japanese MD carts or better still the oddly shaped Japanese Master System carts that came in 3 different type

rare silver cart (only 2 of these ever made with both being Tecmo games)

Standard gold cart

and the oldest Mark III model white carts

The most ugly carts without a shadow od a doubt are the NES carts. Bloody ugly just like the system.
            Yakumo
            Last edited by Yakumo; 17-02-2007, 01:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              This has got to be the saddest thread ever yet I still can't resist reading it
              Feel free to pinch the idea for future Retro Core episodes. I'll quote you a cheap royalties rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                The most ugly carts without a shadow od a doubt are the NES carts. Bloody ugly just like the system.
                Yakumo
                Totally agree. Have always despised the 'hollowness' of the NES and its games. Rather than try to fix it, I smashed a NES with a slightly dodgy cartridge port to bits with a hammer one Sunday afternoon in the mid-90's. Not the most fulfilling thing I've ever done, but still quite fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Baggie View Post
                  Feel free to pinch the idea for future Retro Core episodes. I'll quote you a cheap royalties rate.
                  I'll say I got the idea from cable TV Actually it would be nice to see hem all lined up. I could even add a few MSX, Loppi and other odd carts.

Originally posted by JazzFunk
                  Totally agree. Have always despised the 'hollowness' of the NES and its games. Rather than try to fix it, I smashed a NES with a slightly dodgy cartridge port to bits with a hammer one Sunday afternoon in the mid-90's. Not the most fulfilling thing I've ever done, but still quite fun.
                  hey, that sounds like a good idea for a Retro Core experiment. Just a shame I can't get the grey shoe box over here.

Yakumo

Comment

Loppi? Never heard of it. What's a loppi?

Comment

I think he means the Casio Loopy, the first console marketed exclusively at the fairer sex.

Comment

Never heard of it, but I just did a yahoo image search. The console looks OK, but the boxes in which the carts came certainly do look a bit girly.

In keeping with the topic of this thread, the cart looks nothing to write home about to me.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                          I think he means the Casio Loopy, the first console marketed exclusively at the fairer sex.
                          Yeah, that's it. I always get that name wrong.

yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                            Tbh i dont have a favorite, but i thought it was worth mentioning that Metal gear on the gbc is very attractive as far as carts go. (its translusent, for those who dont know)
                            AFAIK all or nearly all GBC-only games came in clear cartridges. I have about a dozen and the only ones that aren't translucent are Zelda DX and Shadowgate Classic, which are both black (and, incedentally, both colour versions of existing games, which is probably why they don't qualify as GBC-only enough to be see-through). The see-through ones sure are purdy though

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                              AFAIK all or nearly all GBC-only games came in clear cartridges. I have about a dozen and the only ones that aren't translucent are Zelda DX and Shadowgate Classic, which are both black (and, incedentally, both colour versions of existing games, which is probably why they don't qualify as GBC-only enough to be see-through). The see-through ones sure are purdy though
                              The ones that only worked on the GBC were the translucent ones, the ones that were enhanced for GBC, but stlll worked on the original GB were like the old carts just in different colours

Comment

I like the Japanese Megadrive carts.

Comment

Working...
                                X